Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things I've Learned

Karen of Karen & Gerard Zemek does a 7 Things I Learned This Week every Friday. I really enjoy that post and decided I would do one similar. Mine will be on goofy stuff though. You know things that make you snort your soda out of your nose. Yeah, that kind of goofy.

Great Gift Ideas for the Mother-in-law on Mother’s Day

My buddy Glenn of Man Over Board has a very twisted sense of humor. Just one of many fine traits, but his post on gifts for your MIL on Mother's Day had me rolling. I'm hoping he really likes his MIL. I've not met my MIL and my husband and SIL refuse to let me meet her. I'm thinking that anyone of these gifts would be suitable for my MIL. This is just three of the many ideas he posted.

Please God. No More Mops In Love

Don over at Beyond Left Field is another of my favorite reads. Don is always politically correct (not) and everything is about him. He pokes fun at just about everything and anyone. In this post he's got two videos, one is funnier than heck and the second is done by folks smoking crack. I really like this one - E*Trading Baby 2008 You decide on this one - New Swiffer Commercial - Baby Come Back. I can see why he tossed his Swiffer and replaced it with a sponge mop.

The Grocery Store Walk of Shame

Then there's Kathy of The Junk Drawer. She doesn't know that I lurk on her site from time to time. Well, she had me rolling on the floor with her trip to the grocery store. If you know Kathy you know that if anything weird is going to happen it will no doubt happen to her. You just need to read how very difficult it was to buy a jar of pickles.

I’m Feeling Sassy!

Jen of Redhead Ranting is another favorite stop. Jen can weave a very good story about anything. In I'm Feeling Sassy she is jazzed about everything. Spring, her new venture Tribal Blogs, and a great package in the mail. She received what she called a Sassy Sampler, and then proceeded to revamp the packaging. It made me laugh out loud. Even though she admits she has the attention span of a gnat (impressive huh?) and that she gets distracted easily, she's a funny read.

Friday Follow - New Friend Friday

Lydia of Still On The Verge Confessions of a Madwoman (And a Mother of Four) posted a cartoon that really cracked me up. As we get older gravity does take over and this cartoon just said it all. To see her cartoon and have a good laugh click HERE. There is always something fun going on at Lydia's.

Mo I’ve got a splinter!

Babs of Beetles Memories 'n' Ramblings is another favorite site. I especially like all the funny things that happen with these two. Some really dumb stuff, and they just laugh. They laugh about everything. I think it's very refreshing to find two people that can find humor in everything. Check out this three ring circus over a SPLINTER. Here's a couple of posts about Spaghetti Bolognese that cracked me up: I’ve eaten in some funny places, but… and Everything comes to those who wait!

A Lot of Pride for Hand(less) Clap

Just My Two Cents of Teeming With Stupidity And Weirdness posted a video of a very large gal that can clap without using hands. Go ahead and use your imagination. I'm sorry but I laughed out loud. Then I wondered why anyone would do such a thing. Feeling brave? It's 20 seconds of well...weirdness. Fat Girl Laughing.

Current whereabouts: Island
Share This


  1. You have some of my favorite daily dose of smiles here. The first three here never fail to make me laugh or at the very least crack a smile. Have a great weekend.

  2. i agree with ann... you are my daily dose of laughter sandee! i'm so glad to have found you in this big wide world of the blogosphere. :)

  3. I have read almost all of those blogs and they are hysterical. Kathy's pickle story is really funny. But Sandee, yours is the best too. It is always so good to have a good laugh. Thanks for all those sites. Hope you have a great week end.

  4. this is a fantastic idea honey! i shall go see about them and maybe have some new fav blogs!

    smiles, bee

  5. Most of these are new to me--enjoyed your recommendations. Thanks for the mention too!

  6. I love Karen's "Things I Learned This Week" series. She does all the work to find the best stuff and I just get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of her labor.

    Thank you for the mention. I'm never buying pickles again, BTW.

    I know most of the bloggers you mentioned here. I like 'em too!

    Have a great weekend Sandee!

  7. You've mentioned some of my favorite sites to stop by -- really creative folks, as are you.

  8. Sandee, you are such a doll. Thanks so much for the kind words and mention. I hope you are having a great weekend.

    Big Hugs



Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥