Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tall and Handsome?

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, surely I can't look that old? Well, if you have then you'll love this one.

My name is Alice and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma on the wall which bore his full name.

 Suddenly I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name that had been in my high school class some 30-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on way back when?

Upon seeing him though I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

"Yes, yes I did. I'm a Mustang,' he gleamed with pride.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

"In 1975. Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!," I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then that ugly, old, balding, wrinkled faced, fat-assed, gray haired, decrepit, son-of-a-gun asked...

"What did you teach?"

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories 'n' Ramblings

Current whereabouts: Boat!
Share This

23 comments:

  1. Now doesn't it just happen like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody wants to admit who is older than the other! Would you? Hahahahaha! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys just never seem to learn... Loved the chuckle.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. bwahahahaha! Sometimes men's mouths are much faster than their brains!

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. LOL. I know I am younger than everyone else. I will never be old.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahaha....thanks for the laugh Sandee..

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Momma said there would be days like this,Momma said"from a song that the title escapes my old brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh buggers to that old fool!!! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geeze, I hope that never happens to me. That was too funny. I needed a good chuckle.

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch - I am so guilty pf that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey.. it is a good one! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL too funny. Actually my dentist went to the same school I did but he graduated a year before me. He doesn't look so bad for an old guy...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously the old codger had to be half blind, too!

    Hope you had a great weekend on the boat, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think most of us are guilty of comparing our looks with others we went to school with. Who looks better? Me, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL... What goes around comes around :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmm maybe it is true, men never do seem to learn ;-) Bih Hug

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great chuckle I enjoyed with Gail!
    Sandee, I might not always say it, but you brighten my days!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Didnt see it coming! lol

    Thanks for the well wishes on a terrific day! You too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. bwahahaha! yeeehaaa!!! that really made me laugh as i didn't see that reply coming. =))

    ReplyDelete
  21. He'd better run away before she finds that drill!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥