Friday, April 16, 2010

The Honorary Degree

A rich man walks into the Dean's Office at a small college. "I'd like to donate several million dollars to the institution."

"Why, that's very generous of you."

"But there is one condition: I'd like you to bestow an honorary degree."

"That's no problem; no problem at all."

"I haven't finished. I want an honorary degree for my horse."

"Your horse?"

"Yup, you bet. She carried me for many a year and I owe her a lot. I'd like her to receive her Tr.d. - Doctor of Transportation."

"I'm sorry, we can't give a degree to a horse. What will people think?"

"Well, I'll just take my donation to another educational institution."

"Wait, wait! Let me consult with the school trustees." The dean calls a hurried trustee meeting and relays the details of the deal. All of the board except the oldest member reacts with shock and dismay. The oldest trustee looks like he's sleeping through the meeting.

After all the arguments, the old man says, "Take the money and give the horse the degree."

"What? Don't you think that would disgrace the college?"

"We give honorary degrees to lawyers, don't we?"

"Yes, but ..."

"We give honorary degrees to politicians, don't we?"

"Yes ..."

"So what's wrong with giving an honorary degree to the entire horse?"

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This

21 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! This is good! I agree with the old man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny. Couldn't see that punchline coming.

    Fighting a cruddy cold again. Hoping for a weekend full of sleep!!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes sense to me:)

    Have a great w/e on the boat. Wish you and yours could join us with Lois/Hank for breakfast tomorrow morning. We'll think of you. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. With age, comes wisdom! And don't look a gift horse's a$$ money in the mouth!

    Big hugs, Sandee xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they smart to give that horse the degree and the whole horse. Too funny. Hope you have a great week end Sandee with lots of fun on that boat. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...About the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well that's well said by the old man! you know old men are pretty smart, aren't they? ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. well that's well said by the old man! you know old men are pretty smart, aren't they? ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm laughing at that one...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that a horse's ass had to figure in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Big Hugs!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should have seen that one comming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BWAAAA too funny!!! Love it. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't argue with the old guy....lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha! :D
    It gave me a good laugh to start my Saturday morning. ^_^

    -Fledgling Blogger-

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Somehow it makes sense - I just can't figure out how? :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to see they are raising their standards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't get it. I get "horse's rear end" ... but which one is the front? A horse faced liar? Oooohhh ... nevermind. I think I get it.


    I could erase this comment now that I GET IT ... but I'll just post it so you know I was here. LOL.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was good. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥