Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Water Hole

One day, Little Johnny's grandmother sent him to the water hole to get some water for cooking dinner.

As he was dipping the bucket in, he saw two big eyes looking back at him. He dropped the bucket and ran back to grandma's house as fast as he could.

"Where's my bucket and my water?" She asked.

"I can't get any water from that water hole, there's a mean ol' alligator down there!"

"Now don't you mind that ol' alligator, Johnny. He's been there for years, and he's never hurt no one. Why, he's probably as scared of you as you are of him!"

"Well, Grandma," replied Johnny, "if he's as scared of me as I am of him, then that water ain't fit to drink!"
Share This

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, too cute. And I am sure that child is so right. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that's right! bwahahahaha!

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! my dad once told me about getting water like that and a rattle snake was there. he backed away ever so slowly and got away. i wonder???

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee!
    :-D)
    I got my new modem... ysy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandee. Fluffy and I are here in Florida. We go swimming in the lakes and rivers all the time. We never have any problems.

    We guess alligators think clowns
    tastes funny!

    Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. Teeeeheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahaha...
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of W.C. Fields and his reason for not drinking water...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! That took a second :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave it to Johnny... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for making me laugh today.

    Big Hugs back to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehehe...kid ain't stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smart kid! That would sure be my reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL time to find a new water hole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another very funny post. Thanks you for all the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. bwahahahaha someone above said it right on the head WC Fields would be proud !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OPPS BIG ASSED HUG for you :-) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥