Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tater People

The Norwegian and Swedish Travellers (Norwegian: romanifolket, tatere, sigøynere; Swedish: resande, zigenare, tattare; Scandoromani: romanisæl, romanoar, rom(m)ani, tavringer/ar, tattare) are a group or branch of the Romani people that have been resident in Norway and Sweden for some 500 years, as distinct from other Romanies who arrived starting in the late 19th century. The estimated number of Romani Travellers is 65,000 while in Norway the number is probably less than 10,000. Source: Wikipedia


Some people never seem motivated to participate,
but are just content to watch while others do the work.
They are called "Spec Taters".


Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted
at finding fault with the way others do the work.
They are called "Comment Taters".


Some people are very bossy and like to tell others
what to do, but don't want to soil their own hands.
They are called "Dick Taters".


Some people are always looking to cause problems by
asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or
too cold, too sour or too sweet.
They are called "Agie Taters".


There are those who say they will help, but somehow
just never get around to actually doing the promised help.
They are called "Hezzie Taters".


Some people can put up a front and pretend
to be someone they are not.
They are called "Emma Taters".


Then there are those who love others and do what they
say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever
they are doing and lend a helping hand.
They bring real sunshine into the lives of others.
They are called "Sweet Taters".

Hat tip: Dr. Linda B.
Share This

21 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fabulous mirror. At a glimpse at Tater Peoples I was healed from my loneliness immediately. I recognized each Tater in myself, and we all are in a hurry to thank you for that wonderful experience now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just graduated from "Spec Tater" to "Comment Tater"... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! I want to hang it on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tip my hat to Dr Linda, this is gooder than mashed taters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how funny i was going to say mashed taters too! guess me and sarge still think alike. ha ha ha

    this was really cute.

    smiles, bee
    xxoxxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny i was going to say mashed taters too! guess me and sarge still think alike. ha ha ha

    this was really cute.

    smiles, bee
    xxoxxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am usually fried taters but on a day to day basis I am all of them. That is hysterical. Love the little pictures. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then there are those of us who don't like sweet taters. We are simply known as tater haters, and for others, e.g. moi, I rule. I am a master tater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know I've heard this preached from the pulpit in church? Ha! The preacher didn't have dancing potato heads though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Is a "tater generator" behind these LoLz?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sweet taters! Especially in pie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet taters are the bestest!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sweet 'taters! And one of my favorite lines from Lord of the Rings... "What is 'taters, Precious?"

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. One who revives a tater is a resusitater...but my pet rock ruined the whole thing by claiming a 'romantic tater' was a "spud stud".

    Yeah, I know...*self-bonk*..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh brilliant! I love this and I'm gonna remember these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww John just stole my Comen Tator line, lol. I used to love playing Mr Potato Head when I was a kid. They never had enough noses and lips for my taste though.... just saying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a sweet tater you are for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice Sandee...i love it...

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was cute, Sandee.
    How about a 'day late and a dollor short tater?
    That too probably is a 'bonehead' question. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very interesting and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a Idaho tater! Hugs and loves :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥