Wednesday, February 17, 2010


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I've not gotten a gift or a card for my true love. I wonder if breakfast in bed would be a good gift. But then that might lead to a rollicking game of rock, paper and scissors. That can create lots of romance, right?

Why, I'll never forget that one time she said rock and I said paper and that was when the fight began, but we still have the rock and the paper to make into a memory piece along with a great colored photo of...well, that may not be something I should tell people about but I will tell you that it was photo shots of our intimate relationship playing ping pong in pink and polka-dot underwear.

When all of the sudden we heard the sound of the oven door opening where a great cake emerged for us to devour when cooled. We thought that next we should do some squats and lunges to work off the cake followed by a glass of strawberry wine but then realized the guy inside the cake had fallen out drunk, so we had to phone Martin Sheen to come and pick up Charlie AGAIN!!

After Charlie staggered out with his dad, we weren't in the mood for strawberry wine and cake any more so we grabbed for a bottle of His and Hers and hopped on the next train out of town, headed for Baskin Robbins to get Miss Bee a cake! And they all lived happily ever after cake.

Contributing Authors (in order of appearance):

Ann of Ann's Snap Edit & Scrap
Jack K. of One Man's View from Lansing, KS
Mr. Stupid of Stupidation
Barb of WillThink4Wine
Willy of Hillbilly Willy

Marg of Margs Pets
Kimmie of Pretty Amazing Grace
Sandy B of Traveling Bells
Linda of Are We There Yet??
Rajagopalan of Just Out

Jennifer of Dust Bunny Hostage
Mike Golch of Rambling Stuff aka Golch Central
Lois Grebowski of Lowdown from Lois
Buggys of Cute As A Buggy
Empress Bee (of the High Sea) of Muffin53

Tisha of CrAzY Working Mom
Dawn of Don't Know Much About Photography
Bob of Just Kicken it Around
Frank of Foxxfyrre's Honk'n'Holl'r

A great big THANK YOU to everyone that contributed to Valentine's (Story Game). This has been the shortest story yet and I'm starting to see a cake theme. You are all awesome!
Share This


  1. You can never go wrong with cake. Just saying.

    Big hugs xo

  2. You sure do a great job at putting the story all together. Cake would be good, that could go all kinds of different directions. Have a fantastic day.

  3. yes, cake!!! perfect!

    smiles, bee

  4. What a talented group we are, eh? Let me just agree that if you have cake, the world is right.

  5. You have a knack to tie lose ends and composing a fascinating story! Cheers!

  6. That was a nice story. How much did you have to edit?
    Seems everyone wanted to be nice. "Cake" may be the magic word.

  7. Oh for goodness sakes, I had no idea what I was reading...took me a while to figure it out...

  8. When I saw the title to the post I was thinking "um, I think she's confused." I forgot all about this. I say it turned out to be quite a good story.

  9. heh heh heh...GREAT story. :)

  10. ha ha haaaaaaaa!

    I didn't *get* that it was a made up story at first ... and I was reading so incredulously, trying to figure out if this was what you and Zane did or if this was a true story of someone else's .... ? It took me at least a paragraph to figure it out. hee hee heeeeee.

    Fun story.

    Dang, I've been absent a lot lately! How did I miss this fun?

    I feel SO ashamed. I'll try harder.

  11. and look! Barb has picked up our "just sayin'" thing.

    heee heee heeeee


    soon we'll have the whole blogging world saying it.



Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥