Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Toast

John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life,
between the legs of me wife!"

That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of the night."

She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"

John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner.

The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize last night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."

She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been in there twice in the last four years. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come."

Hat tip: Frank of Foxxfyrre's Honk'n'Holl'r

27 comments:

  1. Well that was a great laugh out loud joke. Good one. Hope you have a super duper day, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandee, ayehaahaa, thats just like the luck o the irish, win the toast at the pub, lie to the wife, and end up the drinking budd gets the best laff.
    i spewded my coffee laffin so hard.
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lying never pays off! Haha...good one! Love the Irish (I married one).

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Irish do have a way with the blarney, don't they? hahahahaha!

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lolz...there might be more truth to that little story than either of them would be willing to admit - even after 10 rounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol :)) poor husband!!had a good laugh there Sandee! have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol :)) poor husband!!had a good laugh there Sandee! have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His next visit to the pub was a corker, I reckon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think his wife is smart and understood what her husband actually meant and her response is also for the same! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I've heard that before - too funny! Thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Sandee, (Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha), I've kissed the Blarney Stone (two times) so I hope I wouldn't get crossed up like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! It never pays to tell a fib, now does it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah the Irish toast. Got a love those great pub jokes, classic and always a good laugh. Have a great day Big Hug

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha. Hilarious! I'll have to repeat that one around here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aye Lassie, that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. good one!

    thinking about you tomorrow honey!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....love it...thanks for the morning laugh Sandee...

    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. well that'll teach a guy to lie to his wife...lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. A bit of the blarney there, eh??

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahahahaha good one!

    Hey I knew your were police officer Sandee, I always liked female cops the best and still do!!

    Big hugs and loves!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am emailing this one to my husband tomorrow. TOO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥