Friday, February 12, 2010

The Outhouse

Once there was a little boy who lived in the country. The family had to use an outhouse, and the little boy hated it because it was so hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter and stank all the time.

The outhouse was sitting on the bank of a creek and the boy was determined that one day he would push that old outhouse straight into the creek.

 One day after a spring rain, the creek was swollen so the little boy decided today was the day to push the outhouse into the creek. He found a large stick and started pushing. Finally, the outhouse toppled into the creek and floated away.

That night his dad told him they were going to the woodshed after supper. Knowing that meant a spanking, the little boy asked why.

The dad replied, "Someone pushed the outhouse into the creek today. It was you, wasn't it son?"

The boy answered yes. Then he thought a moment and said, "Dad, I read in school today that George Washington chopped down a cherry tree and didn't get into trouble because he told the truth."

The dad replied, "Well, son, George Washington's father wasn't in the cherry tree!

Hat tip: Jeni of Down River Drivel
Share This

23 comments:

  1. SNERX!!!

    Bwahahahahahaha!

    Poor dad. How long can you tread water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy should've said it was the raccoons! Not only are they mischievous but they can be so sneaky sometimes.

    Big Hugs and Happy Weekened, Sandee xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, poor Dad, not a good place to be then. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cute....although I agree fully with the kid about outhouses. Every time I go camping I always think to myself 'there has got to be a way to make this situation a little more civilized'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first laugh of the day - Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh i remember that outhouse at my grandmother's!!! (the yankee one) cold as a witch's tit in the winter and the summer, full of flies. yuck! poor dear grandmother, finally had indoor plumbing in her 60's.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for indoor plumbing! I'll take that over electricity if I had to choose.

    Have a great w/e out on the boat. Smooth sailing. Big hugs, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! A great way to start the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee, a new way to float down the stream, a really flushing experience there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet that you man got a good bottom warming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be all kinds of nasty! How did your surgery go? All is well I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have something at my blog my friend

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. I once opened the door to an outhouse and found "2" holes ... so I put a leg in each and pooped my pants

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great twist on the tale :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA HA HA! My father and my inlaws remember the days of an outhouse. Boy am I SPOILED. I can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, this totally reminds me of something my Tyler would do/say! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥