Sunday, January 31, 2010

Post Turtle

While sewing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Aussie farmer, who's hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and his role as our Prime Minister.

The old farmer said, 'Well, you know, in my opinion, Rudd is a 'post turtle''.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.

The old farmer said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'. The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain.

'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb bugger put him up there to begin with.

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun

23 comments:

  1. Sandee, I rekon, most of them ole bpys in d.c. could be put in this category as well.
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee hee...that's a good 'un. :)

    Have a great Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great saying. Going to have to remember that one. Poor turtle. Hope someone helped him down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was GREAT!!! I am using that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh oh :) there's one here also..a big post turtle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. caustic comment on politicians and the guys who elected these jokers! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We Americans have more than our fair share of post turtles!

    Happy Sunday, Sandee! Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our president is a "post turtle?" Never looked at him quite that way before. Nah, that's tooooo civil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have lots of post turtles here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! i love that! i know one too! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, I'll have to tell that joke to a few of my Aussie friends.

    http://thequarterlifecrisisblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, I certainly know a whole bunch of post turtles, and most of them are in DC!

    Big Sunday hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Politics is not my strongest side either :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I know what it's called. Post turtle. I'm going to remember that one and pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This transcends party lines and continents alike.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great caption Sandee...that is what exactly happened to our country now..they run to senate, congress but actually they dont know what to do on their table..On May this year is our Presidential election including senators and congress election. i just hope that they are not going to be like "post turtle"

    Have a nice day Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  17. thats one ya just have to sit and ponder, oops they will call me a post turtle

    ReplyDelete
  18. There seems to be an epidemic of post turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A clever one, and new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm thinking we have more then a few of these post turtles in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my ... who would DO such a thing to a turtle??? Clever story ...
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  22. @storyteller ... I know! I want to go rescue the poor turtle.

    I think there have been a few times in my own life where I felt the same as that post turtle. At least he has a shell ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Virtually every politician I know fits this description.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥