Friday, January 15, 2010

Off to the Boat

Well, this weekend is our first official club function of 2010. We are leaving today to have dinner with our boating neighbors and of course a few cocktails too. Then Saturday evening we have a yacht club dinner meeting at one of my favorite restaurants. You know what's really great about this event? I didn't do any of the work. Our new rear commodore did all the work. Don't worry, come April I'll be back doing functions again through September and that will end my planning and executing functions.

Sunday we have our first board meeting and that includes lunch at another favorite restaurant. Our new commodore will lay out what he plans for this year and set the tone as well. It's always interesting to see what the new commodore has planned. I'm sure we will have a fun year. I'm going to pay close attention because one year from now I'll be the commodore. I'm looking forward to that as I've looked forward to each position I've held. Each year prepares you for the next year. Our current commodore told me some time back that about the time you figure out what to do in your current position it's time to advance to the next chair. Sounds right to me.

I wish everyone a terrific Friday and weekend. See you Sunday.
Share This

21 comments:

  1. sounds very exciting and lots of fun sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really nice weekend. Have fun Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend, enjoy it. Nothing wrong with great restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Have fun, Sandee. I know it'll be nice to attend an event that you don't have to "work" like you had in the past.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great weekend, and a great honor, Sandee. You'll do well in your new position. No doubt about it.

    Just enjoy. Big hugs, honey. Wish I could join you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the new season on the boat. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a lovely time honey, smooth seas and warm breezes to you!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have lots of fun. Enjoy your weekend.
    Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know Thurston Howell III?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. As much as you and Zane enjoy it...I know you've worked hard for your achievements. Have a great weekend...gets lots done and have fun.

    Dave says hey too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a grand week-end. I know you will enjoy it because that's just how you are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the venue for your lunch & dinner appears to be more attractive and is of your choice! Have fun and have a terrific weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how much you've been looking forward to spending some time on the boat so I'm sure you'll have an absolutely wonderful weekend! Enjoy and we'll look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun and enjoy yourselves! Boat safely.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandee,I hope that you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boy oh boy another fun weekend for the owner of the silliest blog on the net. The way you explained your new position kinda sounds like musical chairs, except you get to have a few libations to keep the captains smiling. Have a fun weekend, you big hugger you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you both have a wonderful time. You so deserve it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like you're loving this. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥