Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Caption This Winners

Photo captions, also known as cutlines, are a few lines of text used to explain or elaborate on published photographs. In some cases captions and cutlines are distinguished, where the caption is a short (usually one-line) title for the photo, while the cutline are a longer, prose block under the caption, generally describing the photograph, giving context, or relating it to the article.

Captions more than a few sentences long are often referred to as a "copy block". They are a type of display copy. Display copy also includes headlines and contrasts with "body copy", such as newspaper articles and magazines. Source: Wikipedia

I had a great time reading all the responses to the last caption this contest. Some of you really cracked me up. It's time to post the winners. As promised I have chosen first place, second place and honorable mention. Drum roll please.

Our winner is Tisha of CrAzY Working Mom with:

"Swimsuit from the local department store - $30
Pair of sunglasses from the sunglass hut - $15
Adobe Photo shop to crop out the idiot posing behind them in the romantic photo...PRICELESS!"


Second Place goes to Doctor Faustroll with:

"How Johnny Wadd got his start."

And Honorable Mention goes to:

Lilysgramma with:

Mikey!! Don't play with that, you'll go blind!!!

Thanks to everyone that took a stab at this one. There were indeed many great submissions.
Share This

29 comments:

  1. Great!
    I loved it!
    Thank you Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice for the winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priceless choices! I look forward to the next challenge.

    Enjoy your day, my friend. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...Trish hit that one outta the beach ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! Great captions... Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were super captions. And congrats to the winners and the #1 sure did deserve that. That was a fantastic caption.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this somehow. What a hysterical picture and love the winners' captions. I have to go back and read everyone's reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the winning caption. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Caption this thing was fun. I love the winning caption!

    Have a great week Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice and interesting contest
    Congrats to the winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had some tough choices, but what a fun project for all us Sandee kids to do. Congrats to all the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choices and congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All great choices. Too funny. Congratulations to the winners

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, Tisha's caption was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, you did pick a good winner on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all great. I didn't even notice the guy in the back until I read the captions. I have got to get my eyes checked, or at least pay more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to the winners. Great captions!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Sandee! Congrats winners!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHA. That was hilarious. Congrats to the winners. I am so looking forward to next time...:)
    Have a good day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAHAHA..great captions...so funny..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, thank you Sandee! :)
    I'm honored.

    ...and thanks to every one else for the kind comments.

    -Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Sandee. Next time I'll come as Ron Jeremy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great captions, congrats to the number 1!! It was fun,looking forward to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HA HAAAAAAA ! That was good

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wendster1/26/2010

    . .. . and I didn't even NOTICE the "photo shopped" guy (NOT photo shopped guy) until I read the winning caption.

    What does that say about me?


    hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  27. wendster1/26/2010

    Pssssssssssst!

    Hi Speedcat! Hi Sandee!!! Not necessarily in that order. lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. wendster1/26/2010

    ... oh heck!

    Hi guy with the giant .... banana.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wendster1/26/2010

    Now .... where on EARTH are my comments?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥