Sunday, January 10, 2010

Are You Addicted?

I love coffee, maybe too much. Cups of coffee, coffee smoothies, iced coffee from McDonald’s - you name it I’ll drink it (and alot of it). I can’t drink just one cup either, I can drink it all day. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure? Well, if at least 10 of these 25 signs you’re drinking too much coffee applies to you… you might be addicted.
  1. Juan Valdez named his donkey after you.
  2. You name your cats “Cream” and “Sugar.”
  3. You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it’s not plugged in.
  4. Charles Manson thinks you need to calm down.
  5. Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.
  6. Your taste buds are so numb you could drink your lava lamp.
  7. When you call radio talk shows, they ask you to turn yourself down.
  8. Your coffee mug is insured by Lloyd’s of London.
  9. You introduce your spouse as your coffeemate.
  10. You think CPR stands for “Coffee Provides Resuscitation.”
  11. Your life goal is to amount to a hill of beans.
  12. You channel surf faster without a remote.
  13. You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
  14. You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
  15. You haven’t blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
  16. Your so jittery that people use your hands to shake paint cans.
  17. You short out motion detectors.
  18. Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.
  19. You help your dog chase its tail.
  20. You’re up to four heart attacks a day.
  21. You think Columbia would be a great vacation destination!
  22. You’re passing everybody on the freeway when you suddenly realize: you left your car at home!
  23. You just completed another sweater and you don’t know how to knit.
  24. The only time you’re standing still is during an earthquake.
  25. The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
Stolen from: Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This


  1. I have a caffeine 'shut off' about noon every day, so I can manage a few hours of zzzz. Otherwise -- especially in winter -- I have a mug of coffee stuck in my mug at every opportunity ;-)

  2. Strangest thing is I always hated coffee until about a year ago. They were out of my favorite cappuccino at work so I mixed coffee with cocoa and all of a sudden I liked coffee. Now I drink probably a pot a day. I can't answer yest to many of those questions though so I guess I'll go pour myself a cup.

  3. Those are hysterical questions. Maybe I will start drinking coffee, if it means I can do all those things. Especially help the dog chase her tail. I have never drank coffee but I do like coffee ice cream but I still can't walk on the treadmill with it turned off. Great post.

  4. Oh Thunder. You made me snort coffee through my nose. I can answer yes to all but the first. I've never met Juan Valdez.

  5. I love coffee but despise caffeine... Therefore my coffee of choice is decaf only. I don't like anything that has a tendency to make me hyper. Hyper people make me very nervous.

  6. You might also be addicted to coffee if....
    26. You get your first cup in the morning from the Mr. Coffee on night stand next to your bed.
    27. Norm spent less time in Cheers than you do at Starbucks.
    28. You can cut fire wood faster without a chain saw.
    29. Your dentist has given up trying to whiten your teeth.
    30. When standing still, people believe you're in the cast of River Dance.

  7. i love it too but usually only drink three of four cups a week. to me it's a treat. like cake! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  8. HAHAHA! this was so funny! i don't drink coffee but i drink tea. caffeine is my friend!!!

  9. Yup That's my wife, we can have a 16 oz coffee sitting on her night stand and fall asleep 5 minutes later. Dunkin Donuts should erect a statue in front of the store of her.

  10. My cut-off is noon. I usually only drink two large mugs worth. And I make it count!

  11. Fellow coffee nut here, that's for sure. I spend most of my day with a cup of java next to me and love every single sip! Mmm, mmmmmm

  12. I substitute my lunch with mugs of cappuccino occasionally!

  13. My husband drinks espresso-roast brewed like regular coffee - and it seems to have no deleterious affect. He drinks coffee all day, every day and yet maintains his alpha-state and falls asleep any time, any where as soon as he closes his eyes. I guess it's just a matter of metabolism

  14. I am down to just two mugs of coffee in the morning, but in college I had coffee all day long.

    Hugs back to you,

  15. One word ... Caramel Macchiato

    ok, maybe two please :-)

  16. Thank, this is really funny! I can drink coffee all day. I think I've drank it so much, I could drink a pot just before bed and still sleep a full 8 hours!

  17. Very good!!! I used to drink lots of coffee when I was working...actually I'd drink ice coffee..winter or summer.
    Now that I'm retired, I hardly drink it at all...I usually have one cup in the morning....(looks like I kicked the habit...)
    Happy New Year to you and yours and all that other good stuff!!!

  18. my first visit to your blog, I will return to read your words again soon. Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    make it a good day!

  19. After reading the book "caffeine blues" I decided to forget about coffee...but I LOVE the smell of it

  20. I resemble some of them remarks. Count me in as a fellow addict. I love my coffee.

  21. LOL @ You haven’t blinked since the last lunar eclipse!

  22. How funny! No, 2 cups of half-caf in the morning and that is it. Only decaf at night.

    Big hugs, honey...

  23. I don't drink coffee, but I guzzle code red mountain dew and most of that list applies to me ;)

  24. yep,me too!so much so Celestine and i bought a Kueric coffee maker.It uses K-cups and makes cofee one cup at a time.Always hot and ready to go.

  25. Hi, my name is Donna and I am an addict. Though I have changed over to half caff these days. The caffeine was burning a hole in my stomach. Never had a problem drinking coffee night or day!

  26. You mean that's NOT what CPR stands for? Dang ...!

  27. I'm not quite this bad. Though my addiction to Pepsi comes close to this. LOL

  28. When I'm not drinking coffee - it's Coke Classic. I'm a caffeinated person!

  29. i love coffee! it keeps me up during photoshoots...

  30. Loved those! I've been addicted to coffee ever since my grandma put it in my bottle back in the old days.

  31. I do love coffee, but I can't drink it black. I gotta have some french vanilla creamer! :)

  32. What a cool post! I just like it.Actually I do like the coffee too.Anyway thanks a lot for sharing this nice article with us.Keep blogging.

  33. Hates coffee.. just don't know why I do :)

  34. Im addicted to coffee, I can't get started in the morning until I have my coffee. I loves it.

  35. I don't drink coffee but my mom does. I'm sure most of that signs apply to her.

  36. lol I love coffee but I only have it once a day. Sometimes I'll have two though.

    Unfortunately, my true love is sour cream. I say unfortunately because I am certain it's not the best thing to overindulge in. I'd eat it off anything it happened to fall upon, which can either be sexy, disgusting or simply appetizing.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥