Thursday, December 10, 2009

Change of Watch

Friday night was indeed a very special night. I was surprised to receive the very first Vice Commodore's Service Award and before the evening would end I would be sworn in as vice commodore.

There was one other thing that was near and dear to my heart though and that was the Christmas 94571 (toys for tots) drive. During our November meeting I begged for a big outpouring of gifts for the kids. After all we are all so very fortunate. Well it worked beyond my wildest dreams. Toys were everywhere. People brought bags of toys. It has to be the biggest toy drive for our club. I'm so proud of every member that participated.

Click on photographs to biggify!

Then the time finally came for us to be sworn in. I introduce to you the three new flag officers for 2010. From left to right - Rear Commodore Duffy; Vice Commodore Sandee and Commodore Wayne. Can you tell we are happy? We certainly are.

What a great night.
Share This


  1. Sandeeeee!!! You look terrific! A RED HEAD. I should have known! Know wonder you are so full of spunk and fun and you care so much about others. My redheaded daughter is the same way.

    You are doing AWESOME with your weight goal! AWESOME!!! And you are an appointed vice commodore kind of a gal. I feel proud to know you ... but that's how I felt already.

    Big hugs and congratulations!

    And let's not jinx it but two guys are coming to do their background checks tomorrow so they can be the upstairs tenants in the big room. Woo hoooooooooo! Oh! shshhhhhhhhhhh! We aren't jinxing anyone ... I forgot. woo hoo. It was a tough negotiation and I thought I had lost them .... but they came back around. I had to give up a few things though. But at least I have renters for the room ... saying that in a non jinx way: I look like maybe I might have tenants for that upstairs rooms maybe. hee hee.


    I love you!


  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have done wonders with that group. Glad you got such a great response for the toy drive.

    btw, you have added a lot of class to that leadership group. I suspect it is about time. chuckle.

  3. Awesome Sandee, and I have to admit, it is fun to see this personal side of your life at Comedy Plus! I may post a photo of myself one day ( wink )

    There is nothing greater than sharing / caring during the holiday season. I think if more people understood how much better it feels to give than to take, our world would be such a better place to live.

    Congrats my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. I feel the same way as Speedy. It is a nice mix of the jokes and funnies, and the personal side.
    I hope YOU get some nice toys for Christmas!
    : )

  5. I agree with Speedycat. A personal side is very nice to associate with the great daily laughs and blog comments you leave.

    Everyone looks so professional and excited to be new commodores.

    Love the turnout for the tots program. I always buy one boy gift and one girl gift for that program. Thanks for the reminder!

  6. Sandee,
    now I know why you make that boat float, you are just too cool, and congrats from an old tar.

  7. So now... do we call you Madame Vice Commodore?LOL! You did an excellent job with collecting all of those toys.

    I concur with Speedy that the real joy is in helping others.

    May you serve your yatch club with joy and great enthusiam. I am pretty sure that you already do.

    Hugs back to you my friend.

  8. THAT is totally tits!!!!!

    smiles, bee

  9. Look at all the toys! I'll bet there will be tons of smiling faces on Christmas day...Especially some who never seem to get the magic...

  10. Congrats Sandee! You look great :)
    And the toy drive was a fantastic success!

  11. Congratulations again Commodore! Wow, sounds like you kicked some serious butts with that toy drive...great! Keep it up.

  12. Congratulations again - and how very wonderful about the toy drive...

  13. Woof! A BIG Congratulation. Lots of Golden Wishes, Woofs, Sugar

  14. Congratulations to you. Way to go on the toy drive.

  15. I love seeing your personal side, too. Just saying. It sure looks like it was a wonderful evening all the way around! And there are bunches of kids who will have a great Christmas because of the outpouring of compassion and generosity you inspired.

    Big Hugs ♥xo

  16. Congratulations Sandy, I always knew you rocked. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Bless your heart for all the wonderful and compassionate things your involved in.

  17. Wow! I've never met a Vice Commodore before! Many Congratulations!

  18. Vice Commodore Sandee I salute you!

  19. Wow Sandee, or should be call you Vice Commodore from here on out? Congrats on your fine award and recognition.

  20. Congrats on the award and great work on the Toy Drive.

    We donate to toys for tots every year.

  21. A warm congratulations Sandee. I am proud of you.

    And how wonderful that everyone responded well to the toy drive. I've heard that the need this year has gone up due to the economy.

  22. I'm so proud of you, Sandee for having a hand in collecting all of those toys! It's also good to see a photo of you. :) You do look happy.



Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥