Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Rabbis

So it seems that these four rabbis had a series of theological arguments, and three were always in accord against the fourth. One day, the odd rabbi out, after the usual "3 to 1, majority rules" statement that signified that he had lost again, decided to appeal to a higher authority.

"Oh, God!" he cried. "I know in my heart that I am right and they are wrong! Please give me a sign to prove it to them!"

It was a beautiful, sunny day. As soon as the rabbi finished his prayer, a storm cloud moved across the sky above the four. It rumbled once and dissolved. "A sign from God! See, I'm right, I knew it!" But the other three disagreed, pointing out that storm clouds form on hot days.

So the rabbi prayed again: "Oh, God, I need a bigger sign to show that I am right and they are wrong. So please, God, a bigger sign!" This time four storm clouds appeared, rushed toward each other to form one big cloud, and a bolt of lightning slammed into a tree on a nearby hill.

"I told you I was right!" cried the rabbi, but his friends insisted that nothing had happened that could not be explained by natural causes.

The rabbi was getting ready to ask for a very big sign, but just as he said, "Oh God...," the sky turned pitch black, the earth shook, and a deep, booming voice intoned, "Heeeeeeeeee's Riiiiiiiiight!"

The rabbi put his hands on his hips, turned to the other three, and said, "Well?"

"So?," shrugged one of the other rabbis, "now it's 3 to 2."
Share This

19 comments:

  1. Now isn't that just fundamentalism at its best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was god who give Rabbi two chance to prove himself but in reality we have the minimum chance to prove us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect there is more truth here than some would care to admit. Funny though, very funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than to have God on your side. though I would not have gone to those extremes.

    Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nu, so what's the problem here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have cell phones, thank God! Call two friends and
    "Now we are four to three."
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would think God counts as more than just 1 opinion! That was a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious!!

    It reminds me of the Bill Cosby routine about Noah. The punch line there was, "How long can you tread water, Noah?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee, now we know that god must be married

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popped by to say 'Thankyou' for the kind birthday wishes you left for me. :)

    Loved the joke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwahahahaha! Some believers :o)
    Have a great weekend, Sandee! Boating?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across this website, and I must say that I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The old out numbered trick - no fun.

    Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know a lot of people like them, they don't like losing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good one. some times there just no convincing someone guess it applies to rabbits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey There, thanks so much for being a top dropper for me, and it is true - you do make me laugh, especially since I got myself a laughter coach and now I laugh a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. three to two! ha ha ha good one!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes you just can't win! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥