Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catholic School

Little Tommy's parents had tried everything to help his math grade: tutors, flash cards, "Hooked on Math," special learning centers, everything. Finally, they enrolled him in the local Catholic school.

The very first day, he came home with a very serious look on his face, went straight to his room, and started studying. His mother was amazed. Books and paper were spread out everywhere and Little Tommy was hard at work.

 As soon as dinner was through, he marched right back up to his room without a word and studied some more. This went on for weeks until Little Tommy proudly brought home his report card and showed it to his parents:

An A in Math! "Tommy! This is great! I'm so proud of you! Son, what was it? What helped motivate you? Was it the nuns?" Little Tommy shook his head.

"Well, then, was it the books? The discipline? The structure? The uniforms? What?"

Little Tommy looked at her and said, "Well, Mom, it's like this. When I saw that guy out in the lobby nailed to a plus sign, I knew they weren't screwing around!"
Share This

24 comments:

  1. Oh, loved this. A great incentive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it takes for some kids!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee,
    I think i better brush on my math pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor kid!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...damned good observation! I didn't go to Catholic school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me when I was in 5th grade and this little nun with the ruler that had the metal edge. Just lets say she had a wicked aim for my knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shoot. I'd never heard this one before!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to catholic grade school and high school. I really love this one!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard this one before. It is still hilarious. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha,ha,ha! Believe it or not, I am going to transfer my son to a Catholic school next school year. I hope there will be a similar story!

    Kidding aside, at six, my son is not fond of going to church. He sleeps during the mass. I want to address that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. woooooo weeeeeeeee !


    Hi Sandee, R U still on boat?? Happy week from old SpeddyCat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...very cute!
    One has to appreciate the simplicity of a child's mind :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is one of my all time favorite "jesus jokes"

    ReplyDelete
  14. *lol* Great one. Now I finally know why the Bavarian schools want the crosses to stay in the classrooms: It's good for their PISA results!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A good one! I read this at another blog today too. The innocence of a child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Indeed they weren't!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was cute definitely a great read. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HUbby and I laughed hard on this one! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Worked for me too! My best grades were when I was in parochial school! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha! Damn straight. We Catholics don't mess around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥