Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Boots

Did you hear about the teacher who was helping one of her kindergarten students put on his boots?

He asked for help and she could see why. With her pulling and him pushing, the boots still didn't want to go on. When the second boot was on, she had worked up a sweat. She almost whimpered when the little boy said, "Teacher, they're on the wrong feet." She looked and sure enough, they were.

It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the right feet. He then announced, "These aren't my boots."

She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream,"Why didn't you say so?" like she wanted to.

Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off. He then said, "They're my brother's boots. My Mom made me wear them."

She didn't know if she should laugh or cry. She mustered up the grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again. She said, "Now, where are your mittens?"

He said, "I stuffed them in the toes of my boots..."

Her trial starts next week.
Share This

28 comments:

  1. omg that sounds like something my little daughter would do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my kids were small...

    I'm so glad they're all grown up now and can put on their own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha....thanks for the smile..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds exactly like something that the grandson would do. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute and funny!!!!


    Hey...Have a great Turkey Day!!!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. well that was a good one! thanks for the laugh. happy thanksgiving honey to you and zane!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a blessed thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one, bless his heart! Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. bwahahahaha! I hear stories like that every.single.day from one of my sisters. She has 10 year old twins and one of them is an autistic child (high-functioning) who attends a wonderful school in Boston. BUT, by day she is a Special Needs teacher in a public school. They did Lock-Down Drill yesterday. Just TRY to keep 9 autistic children quiet in a small room for a mock-emergency. She has the patience of Job. Seriously.

    I hope you and your family enjoy a blessed Thanksgiving, Sandee! Big Hugs ♥xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandee,
    I didn't know whether to laugh or cry,lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way this ended...abruptly and to the point. Violence can be a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exactly why I never went into teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh surely any jury with compassion would not convict her....lol That was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like some of the converssations I've hadwith my son. Luckily, he's mine so he's survived.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She has a perfect defense.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kids can be challenging for sure ;-)
    Can you believe that I'm celebrating my 1st Blogoversary at Happily Retired Gal? How time flies!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, that's a true to life story indeed, even if it was made up. I can remember my days of watching over the little ones to encounter such tongue holding.

    I am sure I will be back before the Turkey gets stuffed, but just in case your off to friends or families, we wish you both and your families, a happy and blessed Thanksgiving, BIG HUGS back at ya

    ReplyDelete
  18. More power to her! I would have already gotten a heart attack. Or smacked him. I'm not good with kids I guess :)
    Happy Thanksgiving, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. t'was funny, thanks for making me laugh...goodluck witht hat teacher, LOL!

    Happy Thanksgiving,Sandee :-)! Don't eat too much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another laugh out loud one! I could just see the teacher and the child as I read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The trial was a little over the top but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice one :)) u made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. very nice story, reminds me something happened with my daughter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥