Saturday, October 3, 2009

Work Quotes

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller

Anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work.
Al Capp

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
Sam Ewing

Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.
Thomas A. Edison

Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
Anne Frank

Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work.
Share This


  1. I love Anne Frank's photo!

  2. I especially love the quote from Al Capp...and love the Anne Frank photo. We have visited her hiding place.

    Big hugs, honey...

  3. Sandee,
    It's a damn shame whoever invented werk outa be werked to death, evr thing that goes aroud does.
    Bess says hi

  4. Anonymous10/03/2009

    “I loved them all! My fav was the one about 'there are grounds for divorce, the trick is to find grounds for…”

  5. Interesting that Anne Frank should appear here. Earlier this a.m. I saw what is proclaimed to be the only known film clip of her. She was peering from a window to the street below. Apparently, this was taken about one year before she and her family went into the same house btw.

  6. Great posting.especially the Al Capp one.

  7. "Without my job ... I would be 400 pounds"

    Speedy Hollywoods

  8. Ain't it the truth.

    Thanks for sharing.

  9. It defiantly gives satisfaction to read your posts too! :-)

  10. Very serious post today. Is it labor day and I missed it?

  11. an employee will stretch the work to fill available hours. every time...

    smiles, bee

  12. They are all great quotes but I really like Ewing's quote.

  13. Right on, Al Capp! Oh, that one really hits a nerve with me. Disabled my foot! I have a friend who can't walk at all but she can still work. What's more, she wants to! Because she still has a brain that works just fine, thank you very much.

  14. good articles keep going on..

  15. Funny photo! Have a nice day too :)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥