Friday, October 16, 2009

The Taliban Soldier

A fleeing Taliban soldier, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghanistan desert when he saw something far off in the distance.

Hoping to find water, he hurried toward the object, only to find a little old Jewish man at a small stand selling ties.

The Taliban asked, "Do you have water?"

The Jewish man replied, "I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $5."

The Taliban shouted, "Idiot! I do not need an over-priced tie. I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first!"

"Okay," said the old Jewish man. "It does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you that I am bigger than that. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles you will find a lovely restaurant. It has all the ice cold water you need. Shalom."

Muttering, the Taliban staggered away over the hill.

Several hours later he staggered back, almost dead.

"Your brother won't let me in without a tie!"

Stolen from: Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This

27 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard!!! That is stupendously hilarious!!! I am going to "borrow" it to send to friends.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! BTW: Did you get any rain? We sat right in the middle of all those storms and barely got a few sprinkles! ARGH!!!
    ~~~Blessings~~~
    p.s. I just came from Sarge's blog and really needed a laugh! I hope Miss Bee relays this one to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Great story...I'm sure there is a moral here someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never turn down a $5 tie! That's pretty darn cheap. That was a funny one. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hubby and I are off on our psuedo honeymoon to Niagara Falls this weekend. Weather doesn't look promising, but we've got a beautiful room booked with a full falls view. So as long as I can see that, and the butterfly conservatory, I will be a happy girl! :) Pictures later.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandee, I was laughin so hard my sides were splitting, and spit up my coffee.
    BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. very funny yet contains a moral lesson.Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect!! Hehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh good one!!! should always listen to a guy selling five dollar ties!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha...what a guy!

    Enjoy your weekend. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. He get what he deserved;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, so funny! I love this one! Glad to see you have put your EC back up too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Sandee, you have nice friends. I did also like the tamales story below. Which one do you think I can relate to better (hint, was she blond?). :-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jokes apart what sort of perverts are these guys!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another good one Sandee!

    Btw: Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL....finally a funny bit of political comedy...
    Thanks for the smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He must have figured out why the old man knew so much...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Seems rather appropriate punishment to me!

    Have a great weekend, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks. I needed that laugh today... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! That was a funny story! Lesson: Don't be so rude! Thanks for sharing this really meaningful post. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. And THAT was really a good one!! big chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor guy. The tie salesman could have told him before he took off the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. BWAHAHAHA... you did it again Sandee!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just read this one to Hank. He got a good chuckle out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish I could buy a tie for $5.00 They must have been cheap. It was still a very funny story. Thanks for all the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. u r always correct...funny.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥