Thursday, October 1, 2009

Political Quotes

Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them.
Lily Tomlin

No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent.
Abraham Lincoln

Ohio claims they are due a president as they haven't had one since Taft. Look at the United States, they have not had one since Lincoln.
Will Rogers

Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.
Louis D. Brandeis

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.
Cullen Hightower
Share This


  1. Some great quotes there. And so true.

  2. I think that Will Rogers' words still hold true.

  3. Sandee,
    Will Rogers always had a good one, but Lilt Tomlins' nailed it.
    Bess says hi

  4. i love the last one!

    smiles, bee

  5. Something we can all agree with....

  6. Yeahhhhhhhh for The Sooners!! Will Rogers was a Sooner!! Wow what a trip!! You go GF!!

    Big big hugs!
    Jackie XX'S

    Storms here today. I hope I can stay online...and sending clear skies for your sail!!:-)

  7. These are all great, hope your enjoying the bay cruise!

  8. Gosh, I wish we had someone like Will Rogers around now. Seriously.

    I love quotes and visit BrainyQuotes often!

    So, it's Thursday so you must be at the Pittsburg Marina! How fun!!

  9. If Louis D. Brandeis was correct...

  10. "Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it."

    Ain't that the truth!!! Hope your having a wonderful day :-)

  11. Have fun. Oh, I also must conclude that the %98 that elect the %2 to office, and then keep them there, are not as damned smart as they like to think.

  12. Lilly Tomlin nailed it right on the head,I would throw in over paid actors and sports figures as well.

  13. Wished I'd of said that!

  14. Cullen Hightower go that right!

  15. I do think you know a lots more about US Politics and Constitions and the different Staeas own Lagcy than I do.
    In fact the only thing I've observed, as a visitor is the differences in VAT and when old enough to legally buy a bottle of (ggrrr) beer.
    And that some states still have death penality.
    I think I have to stay away from those states.
    You know, when in US, some crazy ideas from old Western Movies - we see them over here in Norway on TCM....

    I'm a man of peace, believe me;-))


    The correct answere:
    I just love the districts White Wine

  16. The thing I love best about quotes that become noted is that they speak the absolute truth...

  17. Gotta love Lily! Right on. Lotsa good things to ponder here.

    Enjoy your weekend, honey. Big hugs...

  18. Nice thought provoking quotes!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥