Sunday, October 4, 2009

Humor Quotes

Humor is perhaps a sense of intellectual perspective: an awareness that some things are really important, others not; and that the two kinds are most oddly jumbled in everyday affairs. Christopher Morley

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
Henry Ward Beecher

A sense of humor is a major defense against minor troubles.
Mignon McLaughlin

A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.
William A. Ward

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.
E. B. White

Comedy has to be based on truth. You take the truth and you put a little curlicue at the end.
Sid Caesar

Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
Peter Ustinov

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Share This


  1. Sid Caesar understood humor in a way that very few in today's generation ever will.

    And he never once threw an F-bomb.

  2. Hmmm, interesting analysis from William James. I like that one, but I would also add "and smiling." Laughing is great exercise.

    Thanks for these pearls. Big hugs, honey...

  3. have a great sunday honey, back to the hospital now.

    smiles, bee

  4. Great quote from William James, a far better writer than his brother, Henry.

  5. Sandee,
    I love you, no really, you make my day. this is the first blog I read every day. It sets the tone for me when I get up, thank-you.

  6. Have a terrific day!!!!!!!

  7. majer defense against minor troubles... I liked that!

    Have a wonderful day Sandee.

  8. Shoot. MAJOR. sheesh.

  9. I'm not Analyzing - that's why I get a good laugh - thanks :-)

  10. Serious quotes for a fun subject! Have a great day!

  11. Henry Ward Beecher wins my "Great Quote of the Day" award(if I had one.) I was talking to a friend over lunch today, and I mentioned the false sensitivity of so many people. He responded, "No sense of humor." Perfect!

  12. Sandee's comedy is based on truth that she found it some place and put it on her blog.
    Sandee, Enjoy your Annual Bay Cruise! :-)

  13. Nice blog if you want to change links please contact me on

  14. these quotes rehabilitate a smile.
    Thank you for the wonderful blog that frees us from our self-righteousness and thus opens the eyes and decorates our day-to-day walk.

  15. Common Sense Dancing. Funny.

  16. I liked the one from E.B. White. So, just out of curiosity - since you don't have the EC widget - does this mean you've left them?

    If they go through with the paid ad stuff and force us to pay $50 to opt out - I'm outta there too.

  17. Very provocative collection...I love to laugh so I guess my balance pole works pretty good! And common sense dancing? I love it!

  18. Great quotes. Totally agree, a sense of humour is vital.

  19. I think Peter Ustinov hit the Nail here...

    Great post, long live intelligent Humour.

    And you are among the very best to present and distribute.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥