Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bay Cruise

On Monday, October 5th we headed out of Benicia toward San Francisco.

Here's a couple of pictures of our view of San Francisco as we were heading toward Raccoon Strait and Sausalito.

As you can see it was hazy, but I'm never disappointed in seeing the San Francisco skyline by water. It's spectacular to say the least.

Click on photographs to BIGIFY.

The next four shots are our boats sterned into the Sausalito Cruising Club docks. The first shot is at high tide (just after we arrived), and the next three shots were at low tide. You see the little guy out there holding onto the pole? You don't want to ever take your boat out there during high tide. It was quite a piece of work to get those boats sterned in without hitting that island.

Share This


  1. wow..i love the pictures. i can tell that you had a great vacation.

    BTW. i have an award for this blog. visit my iTravel blog.

    Have a gret weekend.

  2. Photos of your boat at low tide reminded me of this picture taken in France last year. It was taken in Trouville. We had dinner there with our friends from France. I couldn't resist the opportunity for this shot. You can see the other photos of the area here.

  3. Great picts - Wife and I were coming to San Francisco this summer but economy and job changes took care of that. Great to see.

    10-4 Willy

  4. i am soooooooooooo jealous of you SANDEE! wow this is the life!!! :)

  5. Love, love seeing your boating shots! And the SFO skyline. Never tire of either.

    Big hugs, my friend. Someday we'll share this together...

  6. Sandee, made me wanna go out to sea agin, just for a minute though, always some kinda fun, if it ain't too rough.

  7. Nice to see San Francisco from a different angle, I've never seen it from the water and probably never will unfortunately.

    Looking forward to more pictures!!

  8. I'll bet that was a fun trip. I would imagine the difficulty in getting the boat sterned in without running aground.

    Thanks for sharing this!

  9. Love the skyline pics...

  10. Nice snaps. I will be in Sanfransisco next week. I will try to figure out those locations! Thanks a lot!

  11. What an exciting post Sandee! I think this is the first post where I see you and your boat in action. I dooooo understand why you are addicted :-)

    Ohhh how I would have loved to see that boat in action on the North Sea!

  12. i am so happy you are getting to do these fabulous things honey!!!

    smiles, bee

  13. Hey Sandee, can you spare a lift? That was quite a cruise, probably old hat to you. We have a Yacht Club here at Bentwater where you could dock. Only thing is that our lake has no access to open waters except for the dam. :-)
    How many does your boat sleep?

  14. I love the SF skyline! It looks fabulous...wish I could join you!

  15. Ahhh, you're right--that skyline is just beautiful as is the whole photo spread about your cruise...lucky you and just lovely!

  16. Show off! (just kidding :-)

    Those are great pics. It's so beautiful out thataway!!!


  17. Beautiful! Looks like a good time was had by all. :)

    Wish I could've joined ya.

  18. I have been to Benicia before and San Fran. I love going up there, such a beautiful place. My favorite is the Warf, oh the food ...........

    I finally figured out how I keep messing up my link and I have fixed it so I can't mess it up anymore. Did I ever tell you I am a blond! LOL I can do some really crazy stuff.

    Have a wonderful trip.

    Love and Blessings,

  19. you all had some wonderful weather for your cruise...these are great shots!

    looking forward to more.

  20. What a nice trip in the bay. I just love water. Remind me to move by a nice lake or a big ocean when it's time to retire, k? :o)

  21. I love that photo of the skyline. Looking at those high tide low tide pictures made me realize that I know NOTHING about boating ... but I can imagine that it's not good to bottom out on "stuff". .. like that little island thing ... or sand bars ... that kind of stuff, right?

    More pictures, please! One with YOU in it.

    Love you!

    Wendy (166.5 today)

  22. And I am absolutely going to have to start leaving more comments over here.

  23. I have been WAY too scarce.

  24. ... last thing ... I can't find that "little guy"? you are talking about on the ... island? ... holding onto something?

    Bet I'd see him if I were a boater. lol.

  25. Great Pictures and a nice spot to enjoy.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥