Monday, October 12, 2009

Awards and Magic Hugs

On October 5th Glenn of Man Over Board gave me The Circle of Friends award. Thanks a million Glenn. You too have become a very good blogging buddy.

Here's what Glenn said about this award:
Yesterday I was given my very first award. It is called Circle Of Friends Award, from a stunning human being by the name of Roschelle. She devotes her free time, writing a blog called Inconsequential Logic . A beautifully done blog, whose byline is “Blogging tips, opinions on life, work and play. A hodgepodge of wonderful things!”. The reason she gave me the award is she also received one from a fellow blogger that she became friends with. So she Paid It Forward and thought of me. Now I am doing the same.

Besides Roschelle’s blog I am giving this award to 5 other bloggers, who have been a great help to this blog and myself. But more importantly they have become new found friends. I highly recommend these six blogs for you to check out and enjoy. I read each of them I on a daily basis. 

Here's the rest of Glenn's picks:

Womens Self Esteem This is a great blog to garner information on the opposite sex. Being this is a guys blog, I must tell you how much you can learn from Dorothy and her great style of writing.

Comedy Plus I love, love this blog. I start out each day with a new joke and a laugh. Sandee does such a wonderful job of making people happy. You can’t go wrong stopping by and putting a smile on your face :-)

Men’s Big & Tall Outfitters
Just as the name states, this blog is fantastic reading filled with information on how larger built guys should dress. From suits to dress down. Robert also gives you plenty of links on where to find good buys also.

Ticking The Clocks Jessica is an American in Australia . She traveled there because of love. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but inside as well. Her blog is a compendium of her Brooklyn rants and raves, with a touch of new found air of Eucalyptus .

Inspirations for the Day Another great blog to start your day off with. This one of course is full of Inspirational thoughts and pictures. Sibel is the proud owner of this elegant site. I hope you will all find the time to stop by here and ad a comment or two. You won’t be sorry!

On October 8th Mary Anne of Vaudeville Rose's Blog gave me the Over the Top award. Thank you Mary Anne not only for this award, but the kind words as well. This means so very much to me.

The rules:

  • Answer the questions with one word.
  • Tag six other bloggers.
1. Where is your cell phone? None

2.Your hair? Blonde

3. Your mother? Deceased

4. Your father? Deceased

5. Your favorite food? Italian

6. Your dream last night? None

7. Your favorite drink? Water

8. Your dream/goal? Boating

9. What room are you in? Office

10. Your hobby? Boating

11. Your fear? Heights

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Alive

13. Where were you last night? Boat

14. Something you aren't? Unhappy

15. Muffins? Blueberry

16. Wish list item? Peace

17. Where did you grow up? Oregon

18. Last thing you did? Unpack

19. What are you wearing? Shorts

20. Your TV? Off

21. Your pets? Dog

22. Your friends? Silly

23. Your life? Perfect

24. Your mood? Happy

25. Missing someone? Mom

26. Vehicle? Mercedes

27. Something you're not wearing? Makeup

28. Your favorite store? Book

29. Your favorite color? Blue

30. When was the last time you laughed? Today

31. Last time you cried? Christmas

32. Your best friend? Husband

33. One place that I go over and over? Delta

34. One person who emails me regularly? Sister

35. Favorite place to eat? Hazels

Here's Mary's picks:

Anna Lee of Ga'hooleTree Designs never does anything half-way, not in her jewelry or anything else. She's the head of eSmarts, the Etsy Street Team that I'm an associate of. I never quite became a jewelry seller as I'd hoped to be. But I learned a lot from hanging around Anna Lee and the rest of the eSmarts Team. They're a great bunch and most of that is due to Anna Lee.

Funnyrunner of Literally Laughing Out Loud knows how to find the funny side of life. You really will laugh out loud when you read her blog. I'm thinking of putting up a sign in my house similar to one she has pictured on her blog, "Warning....House infested with Dog Hair. Enter at your own risk!"

Kristi of The Story Siren reviews YA Books and does author interviews. She reviews all kinds of books, but my favorites are the paranormal ones. She recently did a piece on "Demon Princess: Reign or Shine" by Michelle Rowen about a young girl who finds out she's half demon. Kristi describes it as "cute, quick, fun!"

Sandee of Comedy Plus is a great gal whose blog serves up a laugh just about every day of the year. So, if you need a moment of relaxation and a chuckle, head on over to her blog. She's no stranger to Blog Awards. In fact she got at least two last month. But I don't think she has this one yet.

Shannon of Rocks in My Dryer has a quick wit and can get you laughing about real life even as she gets you thinking. You'll recognize yourself and your family in most of what she writes. I know I do.

Waxela of Spirit Mama Art and Soul is an incredible one-of-a-kind art doll maker. I especially like the look of her paranormal works. She puts so much detail and emotion into each and every one!

On October 10th Pam of Finding Pam gave me the Open Source Blog Post Award. Thank you so very much Pam. I'm very honored.

The Rules: Before you put the links below when you pass this award, you must remove the participant number 1 from the list. So that all participants up 1 level. Who was number 2 become number 1, number 3 was 2, and so on. Then insert you own links at the bottom (10).
  1. Mr. D
  2. Sweet_shelo
  3. Chris
  4. Kaye
  5. Yami
  6. Mizhelle
  7. Hootn’ Anni
  8. Thom
  9. finding pam
  10. Comedy Plus
Here's Pam's picks:

Sandee at Comedy Plus
Cherie at Butterfly Dreamer
Nick at Nick's Bytes
Akelamula at Everything And Nothing
Sandi at Holding Patterns
Meridith at The Things We Carried
DeDetta at My Little Corner of the world
Sara at Barefoot in the Garden
Nita at Throwback at Trapper Creek
Gail at KNOW YOUR "IT'S"
Chickie at Skittering Thoughts

On October 12th Ettarose of Sanity on Edge gave me her magic hugs award. There's nothing better than an award from Ettarose. Thank you so much. I'm glad you think my hugs are magic.

Here's what she said about this personal award:

I have two things to tell you about. The first one is everything is fine and the problem has resolved itself. Second thing is I am VERY touched by the responses I got from you all. I thank you for your comments and in fact because inside I am really mushy, I want those of you who commented on the apology post to have this award. It is not much, but I want you to know what you mean to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you enjoy this homemade appreciation.
Here's her commenters:

1. Relax Max
2. Reforming Geek
4. Marvelous Marvin
5. nonmaedufus
6. Red Raider(Don)
7. Deb
8. A
9. CatLadyLarew
10. Sandee

On October 14th Bing (Pink Lady) of Of Living and Loving...and Coping gave me two cool awards. Thanks for always thinking of me Bing. Big hug!

The Friendship Blog Award above implies:

Green: to symbolize the new buddies
Yellow: to represent the guys who are always active
Blue: to symbolize with high performing PR bloggers
Red: to symbolize that our blood is red and therefore we are all brothers

The Friendship Blog Award Rules:

1. Create a post as above.
2. Include a link Giver Award.
3. For colleagues who have not followed this site or not exchanged links, please follow or exchange links with me.
4. Copy-paste the image to be replicated at your Blog Post.

Here's Bing's thoughts and picks:

The past year has been fruitful for me in terms of finding new friends. So it is my pleasure to pass these awards to Kat, Janet, Susan, Maitri, Marzie, Tripti, Kara, Sandee, Cathy, Bingkee, Thom, Mike, Dorothy L.

Although some of you may already have these awards, I hope you will still accept them. Thank you for your friendship, guys!
A great big thank you again to Glenn, Mary Anne, Pam, Ettarose and Bing. You are just the best of the best.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to play along let me know so I can ad you here and visit your post.
Share This


  1. Sandee I think you probably have every award any blogger ever thought of. And you deserve every one of them. Thank you so much for mentioning the other blogs I had given the award to, they are like you ONE in a Million. God Bless

  2. Hi Sandee!

    Robert Barr here from Men's Big and Tall. Glenn told me that you mentioned the site so I wanted to stop by and say thank you! Then I fell in love with the place! My fav read so far...? Men vs. Women!

    Thanks again!

  3. Cheers Sandee for the mention. I still lurk on here every so often although I've been a good slacker for a bit and have been a bit silent.

    Anyhoo, some girly cheers & hugs for you! :-)

  4. Sandee, I am so happy for you that you have received many more well deserved awards. Have you thought of a blog for just your awards? hehe!

    Have a great week,

  5. Congrats! and thanks for the mention. So so sweet of you!

  6. Sandee! You blog award queen you! And yes, you DO deserve them all.

    Glad you had a fun 10 days of boating ... glad you only gained like ... half a pound! Maybe one and a half. AWESOME!

    I was at 165.5 this morning. Don't know how I managed it. But tonight I made up for it by getting the BIG tub of popcorn at the movie theater WITH the refill! Wonder what the scale will shout in the morning? ha.


    I love you Sandee!


    p.s. Welcome home.

    I'm *thinking* of doing that 30 question thing.

  7. Congratulations Sandee!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. woowoo, I'd give you all those awards too. I love your spirit in the blogs!

  9. Sandee, you do really good with these awards. In case I miss when you do it, would you please someday put them all on one post. I know you have too many to put on your sidebar. Thank you.
    I would have flunked out of vet school before I ever heard what to do next time. :-) Good joke!
    I'm coming up now and wish you a HAPPY HOT DAY!
    You deserve that too!

  10. Wow! Congratulations! I know that you deserve that award! Really admirable! Congratulations to the other winners also.:)

  11. I knew I was right in giving you that award. So many people obviously think like I do. You are a very sweet and warm person and you make every one of us feel like we are your best friend when you visit. I am honored to know you.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥