Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ask Mike

Why Men do not Write Advice Columns.

Dear Mike,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor’s daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him.

He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?




Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps,


Hat tip: Nick M.
Share This


  1. Well, it's sound advice of a sort ;-)

  2. A sound-running car is important ;)

  3. Sandee,
    Which clunker did she git rid of?

  4. This is yet another funny read. The advice was great but funny it does not address the real issue. I had a great read and laugh at the same time.

  5. Perfect for me. I want Mike's number because I don't understand about cars.
    Please give me Sandee! I hear some noises from the bedroom. I'm too busy now to go and check.

  6. Sounds like a typical male to me!

    Have a great day, Sandee!

  7. Besides, there's only a 12 year difference between them. That's not bad.

  8. That would have been Markie's answer, too. He'd go right to the technical and avoid the emotional. Men!

  9. yeah, that's right! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  10. Thanks for the laugh, I wonder what Ann Landers would have answered.

  11. You got me on that one! Sandee, I was going to send you something in the e-mail and now I can't remember if I did. Going to check on that. Thanks for the guffaw!

  12. I knew it, ha,ha,ha! Men are really not into this sort of advising stuff.
    Poor Sheila!

  13. Hmmmm...
    Men could really be lonely sometimes!
    Good advise, Mike!
    Nice one, Sandee!

  14. LOL Here's another one I have to show to my husband!

  15. Wives! watch out your unemployed husbands!

  16. well he did give advice about the car.

  17. Hahahaha...Mike didn't read the real problem..hahaha...poor Shiela.

    Have a great day Sandee!

  18. ha haaaaaaaaaa!

    THAT's what happened to my Winnebago while driving in diapers

    ( wink )

  19. That's a man for ya!
    Just stopping by to say hi!
    Hi Sandee!!!!

  20. I needed to laugh out loud today, and I did. Thank you.

  21. That's some very good advice. I think getting a AAA membership could be helpful also.

  22. oh geez....you mean they ALL only listen to part of the story?

  23. i've read this somewhere in the net. tho, i don't know if this is true or just for entertainment purpose. anyways, thanks for sharing this.

  24. Mike was merely giving advice in his area of expertise and steering clear of subject matter that is unfamiliar to him. Good job Mike!

  25. thank you for the birthday greetings for my nanay Sandee!!

    had a nice laugh again :) I don't wanna go over to Mike for any advice..hehe!

  26. This should not have made me giggle. But it did. *grin*

  27. What kind of advice is that, how will that help her


  28. She should have gone to Dear Abby! Men are not very good at that kind of advice! LOL!

    Love and Blessings,


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥