Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Animal Love...

If I Didn't Have a Dog... Or Cat...

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel..

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

I would have money, and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with numerous veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L,, F-R-I-S-B-E-E, W-A-L-K,, T-R-E-A-T,, R-I-D-E,, GO.

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading 'mud' season.

I would not have to answer the question, 'Why do you have so many animals?' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.

How EMPTY my life would be!!!

'Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.'

Hat tip: Donna M.
Share This


  1. Oh this is so astonishing butcute pics

  2. Oh this is where I am right now after 30 years of having animals....It has been 3 years and I miss my's a commitment from birth to death for me!! I am weakening, and this post doesn't help!! Right now I can look forward to babysitting my favorite little poodle on the 30th, I can hardly wait!!

    Hugs Giggles

  3. When my dog goes to "have her hair done" the house is empty for two hours.
    I totally agree!!!!!

  4. glad to know I am not the only idiot who lives in that house!!

  5. aaww this was kinda sweet!!

  6. what a sweet post honey!

    smiles, bee

  7. 'Why do you have so many animals?'
    If someone ask the question I will answer:
    May be they are not materialistic.

  8. "My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers. My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere. My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash."

    I have special laughs on these lines. But, animals do make us appreciate the sweetness of life. They help us understand how much help we can get from them in times when we least expect it.

    I totally love this line, "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

  9. that was very cute...I want a new puppy now...

  10. One kitty and grandkids keep my house messy enough to show the love this home contains! Wouldn't have it any other way. Great post, Sandee. Sending big hugs...

  11. Aw...Sandee I love this post. Makes me feel normal to know that others love animals as much as we do. The photos are adorable.

    We don't own them, they own us.

  12. Every time I see a mousie or snail or feather toy in the hallway, my bathroom, the living room, my bed, my sofa... I smile at how lucky I am to have my 3 boys.

  13. So true for those who own pets; for those of us who have allergies ... well, we have lizards and hamsters!

  14. How should I put it in my way of English:
    Mioooow or puuuur or wooooohoo?

    People that do not have cats or dogs or both, really do not know what they miss of life experience.

    OK. It's fur all over. Litterbox. A tour for the dog. Big eyes if late at feeding time
    - Hi, don't you know what time it is?
    But the joy and gratitude given in return are priceless.
    We are happy the Cat Litter Sand are delivered regulary at our door (during wintertime - during summertime, the cats "do it" outside).
    Same person for several years now. Allways a nice chat when he comes with 6 large sacks.
    Now he have to come more often. Since we for the moment have 4 cats.
    One we keep while Ingelin awaits her baby. That will happen no later than Monday to come.
    But, we consider to keep the last kitten for at least a while.

    There are less people that do have fur allergies than doctors claim. Carpets and other textiles are at least as harmful - Dust.

    But that is more difficult for a doctor to have acceptance from, when saying so.

    We have one Carpet. Bought in Turkey about 25 years ago. Do our cats love it? Miuooooow.

    I love this post

  15. I think many of the same things could be said of children. Without the little man, my life would be simple and my wallet would be much fuller, but my life would be empty.

    I also have two lazy indoor cats I love way more than I should.

  16. How true, how true.

    We do miss our Hazel.

  17. Coming from a woman who vacuums every single day of her life--I would not have it any other way! What joy animals bring to our lives!!

    LOVE your photos today. :)

  18. You are so blessed to have such lovely pets! We badly need one!

  19. Oftentimes, it is better to be with pets than with people. They are good at listening and never judgmental. :-)

  20. Jack! I had a dog named Hazel too! (Died of cancer). Now I just have my outdoor cat, Momma Cat. She's a gem. I really love her.

    Sandee! You are ROCKING your diet, woman!!! Ok. Give. What are your secrets? Thanks for liking my fridge the best. You can hang out in it, near it, next to it ... all you want.

    I love you!

    Wendy 166 today (after walking and using the bano ... before that? 167.5. I should walk first EVERY morning. hee)

  21. The BEST part of my day is when I finally get home from work and see all my crazy critters coming up to me and giving me love. I don't think I could ever not have a pet in my life. They give you so much back and all they ask for in return is love. How about that. Oh and to take them for a walk, which I am off to do right now. Hope EVERYONE is having a great day, Glenn

  22. Love da doggy pals!

    Aloha, Sandee!

    Comfort Spiral

  23. Nice Photo's, Most of the time Dogs and Cats are not good friend.


  25. Hahahahaha! I loved the one about spelling ball!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥