Sunday, October 11, 2009

Anatomy Class

A classroom full of first year Veterinary students were participating in their first day of anatomy class. For the lecture, the professor begins by unveiling a dead cow under a white sheet laying on an operating table.

The professor tells the class “In Veterinary Medicine, there are two qualities you must possess as a doctor – the first of which is a strong stomach. You cannot, under any circumstance, be disgusted by anything involving an animal’s body.”

For example, the Professor pulls back the sheet and sticks his finger right up the dead cow’s butt, pulls out his finger and sticks it in his mouth. The students just stand there, paralyzed at what they see. “Now, go ahead and do the same thing, each of you,” the professor says.

Freaked out, the students take several minutes but eventually take turns sticking their fingers up into the anal cavity of the dead cow, and then sucking on them. Once everyone is finished, the Professor continues on with his lesson… “Now, the second important quality you must possess is a keen observation. You see, I stuck in my middle finger up the cow’s butt, and I sucked on my index finger… Now, learn to pay attention.”

The moral: Life’s tough, but it’s even tougher when you’re stupid.

26 comments:

  1. HA how gross. But a good one. Oh God I am still picturing it in my mind, lol. Hope to see you back my dear friend soon, Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one smart professor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee,
    lol, watch the fingers, them professors are funny too. lol
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be safely home by now - I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The moral: Life’s tough, but it’s even tougher when you’re stupid." This is so true. He sounds like a professor I had in college. He had lots of trick questions.

    I hope that you enjoyed your trip.
    Big Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever happened to kudos for having the faith to follow someone you trust blindly; like a child trusts a parent...LOL...SHAME ON THAT teacher...My ex was working on our muscle car's flat tire once and asked me to "complete the air process" by bending down and blowing into the stem, which I did - EVERYONE WE KNOW has heard that story, now you have too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha...gross, but sick and funny. Love it. Kind of makes me want to stop sucking my thumb and other things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to believe how stupid one can be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ewwwww, i won't be forgetting that one real soon! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had anatomy class and my professor never fooled us that way! If he did, then maybe we could be victims also! Ha,ha,ha! It is hard to be a student!

    But really, it is funny and GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never had that bad of a teacher. I had bad teachers but no cow butt lickers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr. Oz (TV show w/real MD) did this with a studio audience. He dipped his finger in a urine sample and sucked his finger - same trick - different finger! But that's a heck of a lot different than a cow's anus!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to have you back. Hope you had lots of fun on the sea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can say about that is...OMG! (And hi! hope all is well!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is one of those "gotcha' moments! I hope that you had a great Boating outing and a great week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, those silly students :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its real funny and the professor dealing with those students.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yuck! Gross! And all that other stuff. It's funny but the visual is awful! I'm trying to clear the pictures out of my head now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah... life is tough... butt is tougher!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another that literally made me laugh out loud... at work!!

    That was funny and gross at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant.
    It tells a lot; I say no more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad I wasn't drinking my diet Dr Pepper just now. My monitor would need cleaning again. I must remember to read your blog without food or drink in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥