Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Your Bra?

A man walked into the ladies department of Myer's and shyly walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, 'I'd like to buy a bra for my wife.'

'What type of bra,' asked the clerk.

'Type?' inquires the man, 'There's more than one type?'

'Look around,' said the saleslady, as she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color and material imaginable. 'Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only four types of bras to choose from.'

Relieved, the man asked about the types.

The saleslady replied: 'There are the Catholic, the Salvation Army, the Presbyterian, and the Baptist types. Which one would you prefer?'

Now totally befuddled, the man asked about the differences between them.

The Saleslady responded, 'It is all really quite simple ~
  • The Catholic type supports the masses;
  • The Salvation Army type lifts the fallen;
  • The Presbyterian type keeps them staunch and upright;
  • The Baptist type makes mountains out of molehills.'
Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, G, and H are the letters used to define bra sizes? If you have wondered why, but couldn't figure out what the letters stood for, it is about time you became informed! A ~ Almost Boobs. B ~ Barely there. C ~ Can't Complain. D ~ Dang! DD ~ Double dang!! E ~ Enormous!!! F ~ Fake. G ~ Get a Reduction. H ~ Help me, I've fallen and can't get up. And last but not least the German bra: Holtzemfromfloppen Hat tip: Lisa of Live and Learn
Share This

37 comments:

  1. An outstanding post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm forever learnin' h'yar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for clearing that up. I have almost never wondered about the letters used in bra sizes.

    Bwahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then there are the ones my Nana called Cooper's Droop... Sounds like they would need the Salvation Army Bra, in Double Dang, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I Double Dang forgot... I've long referred to my own size as 42 Long. Pun intended. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought "F" might stand for Flappers, but what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gday Sandee
    Ihave stolen a couple of your funnies, I'll give you credit of course
    Cheers from down under
    Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  8. now i know more about bras, i think i'll have to go out and git bess, one the salvation army ones, at least now i know whut to git.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Double Dang, here too... And Double Dang proud of it!!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! playtex has half sizes, which they call NA, NB, etc, for Nearly A and Nearly B. before my hysterectomy i wore an NA, which i always said actually stood for NOT APPLICABLE! lol now that all the hormones are aligned properly, i'm in a fabulous size "Cant Complain"! whoo hoo! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. where does long and empty fall? ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! I live and learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bwahaaaa...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a whole lot of truth in that too. I offered to help a girl with hers (boobs) once. She wasn't wearing a bra, but she didn't won't my help either. She was a dang Presbyterian...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who knew???

    Have a great day, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the laugh :)) It's SO TRUE!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOl, wow I was raised Baptist and I fit into the dang category and the H category too! No wonder there are conflicts!! Love it Sandee...my first visit today. I love to start the day off with a laugh and you never let us DOWN....so to speak!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it. Especially the German one! I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL I guess I can't complain:)

    Great for a chuckle...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. No Episcopal bra??? Oh well...can't complain!

    Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAHAHAHA...waaaa i am almost boobs but i like the german bra hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another hilarious post! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well thank goodness I am not fake nor enormous, but DANG! I hate being a part of the Salvation Army :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha-ha-ha... I'll be darn.
    That's cute, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so much more than funny, but dang you are funny ;-]

    Aloha!

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha.. that's brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm trading in my baptist bras :[

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was thinking that bra is not a baptist. Not perky enough.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ha ha very good, I love the meaning of the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahhhmmm can't complain... :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I still do not know what type of bra and size for my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Brilliant


    for funny pictures go for
    http://urvisit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. The missus is of the Catholic Double Dang persuasion, I think I need to go over and verify that with a hands on weigh in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥