Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Jersey

Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to scare people entering the highway.

Speed limits are arbitrary figures to make NJ look as if it conforms with other state policies; these are given only as suggestions and are readily enforceable.

Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that the driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.

Please remember that there is no such thing as a shortcut during rush-hour traffic on the Garden State Parkway.

Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even a person changing a tire. If you're lucky, you may see the unwitting breakdown victim get mugged.

Learn to swerve abruptly. NJ is the home of the high-speed slalom driving thanks to NJDOT, who put potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.

It is traditional in NJ to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes. The state is founded upon such traditions.

Seeking eye contact with another driver revokes your right of way.

All unmarked exits on the Parkway lead to downtown Newark.
Share This


  1. That hoinking tradition is also followed strictly in Miami. The very instant you cross into Miami proper a dozen cars will start honking all around you and will continue until you leave. No, it is not just me they honk at.

  2. Hi Sandee! I think you are doing GREAT with your weight management/loss/health regimen! Awesome! You have been SO dedicated and on it.
    Big gigantic hugs for you as you take off for parts unknown ... except I know them because you just told me where. ha.

    I'll miss you!

    See you soon!


  3. Dang...did all those NJ drivers come here?

  4. No, they are in Atlanta!

    Big hugs, wherever you are, Miz Sandee...

  5. So I believe they are teaching. Why can be that they seems to be in Rio de Janeiro?

  6. Sandee,
    Ever one her must have read them rules,

  7. LOL...I can verify these are all correct!! Try it in a big truck!! NJDOT hates all big rigs!!

    Have a great day Sandee!

  8. Do they have roundabouts in New Jersey? I was almost killed and involved in a fistfight in Maine because of a rotary.

    I shudder to think of it even now.

  9. All that rage makes me crazy, but what really gets me is all these people texting on the phone while driving. An accident waiting to happen.

    Hugs to you,

    P.S. Tell Wendy Hi for me.

  10. Sounds like New Orleans even on a Sunday afternoon. Do they eat crawfish in Jersey?

  11. sad to say I've never been to jersey...but then maybe its not so sad. ;)

  12. Your timing on these last two posts couldn't be more perfect being that I am driving down to New Jersey on Friday! As I always say to Amanda, "I hate driving in New Jersey!" probably more than I hate driving in ANY state and that's after having lived there for a couple years and done lots of driving in the state.

    It's just plain skeery!

  13. have a great time on the bay.

    we were there last was crystal clear with a great breeze.

    Have Z give you a hug from me and The Teamster.

  14. i wish someone would do this for rome! that's the worst i have ever seen...

    smiles, bee

  15. Congrats on your page rank 4!

  16. New York State has some of the same rules! Especially about honking the split second a light changes. Sometimes cars even jocky for position near the starting line. And of course in Queens, the stop signs are just a suggestion.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥