Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Blonde Cookbook

Monday
It's fun to cook for Tom. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to loan me some extra bowls.

Tuesday
Tom wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve without dressing. So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Tom brought a friend home for supper.

Wednesday
A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath anyway. I can't say it improved the rice any.

Thursday
Today Tom asked for salad again I tried a new recipe. It said prepare ingredients; lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. Tom asked me why I was rolling around in the garden.

Friday
I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients in a bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as when I left.

Saturday
Tom did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. I don't have any clothes that fit it, and for some reason Tom keeps counting to ten.

Sunday
Tom's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius.. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much to my disappointment.

Good Night Dear Diary
This has been a very exciting week! I am eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Tom. If I can talk Tom into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with a chocolate moose.

Hat tip: My sister ♥Debbie♥
Share This

28 comments:

  1. I'll try the roast. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hoping for some more informative posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking is hard.

    Have a great day, Sandee! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep that woman away from Baked Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that is sooooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take Wednesday, thank you very much!

    Happy day, Sandee. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geeze, and I thought I was a bad cook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know something? Sadly, I have no trouble believing that somehow, somewhere, someone is doing the same thing. P.s. Chocolate mousse sounds good. Do you skin it first?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obviously they weren't still teaching Home Ec at the poor girl's high school!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol!!! haha These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hardest thing about preparing chocolate moose is putting enough coats on the antlers. Chocolate coats are sparse this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds good to me. i think she's a great cook, copied down some of her ideas!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, here we have chockolate frogs and even mice, but moose?
    Agree, ask for a bigger oven;-))

    ReplyDelete
  14. So creative. Wish my brain worked the way yours does...even for a day! Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was great! Yeah, I'm a blond and my cooking often leaves something to be desired...but am happy to just laugh about it! Thanks, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For sure Tom love her so much the everything she prepare will fine for him

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandee, I swear where do you and my "other" sister find these? That reminds me, I am sending you a joke. I hope you like it. I cracked up seriously over it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang...I'd try some of these h'yar resoupees, but ever' time I get within 10 feet of the kitchen, an EPA Swat Team locks it all down...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool! The roast didn't work, huh? I'll try putting the hamburger and pressing the Pizza button. Maybe that'll work :P

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You gotta admit it would be pretty cool to have an appliance that could turn hamburger into a roast with the press of a button!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would like to see the whole cookbook as these first 7 recipes didn't work for my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  22. :) I have to buy this cookbook..hahaha! and the salads..love it! bed of lettuce..hahaha!! thanks for the good laugh..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, Sandee. It's Chris. I'm moving to a new blog, so I hope you'll come by . . . the new URL is

    chris-knucklehead.blogspot.com

    See ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I might try Tuesdays meal and surprise my hubby with a new recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very very funny,I'd like to see the dressed chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I will not ask my wife for this kind of plan. Everything is sweet and unhealthy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥