Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Salesman

A young guy from Wisconsin moves to Florida and goes to a big everything-under one-roof department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, 'Do you have any sales experience?'

The kid says 'Yeah. I was a salesman back in Wisconsin.'

Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. 'You start tomorrow.. I'll come down after we close and see how you did.'

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down.

'How many customers bought something from you today?'

The kid says, 'One.'

The boss says, 'Just one? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?'

The kid says, '$101,237.65.'

The boss says, '$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?'

The kid says, 'First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition.'

The boss said 'A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?'

The kid said 'No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing."

Hat tip: Vern B.
Share This


  1. Now that kid is gonna go far!
    ~~~Blessings~~~ and happy weekend.

  2. Smart kid! Happy sails to you!!:-)

  3. Golly, Sandee, this is truly an oldie but goodie. I think I heard this one about 30+ years ago.



    Very funny!!!

  4. This one is still funny!

    Sail away, my dear. Have fun on the water. Big hugs...

  5. Yup, an oldie but goody. You make my day!

  6. I'll bet his wife does her own shopping from now on.

  7. that was VERY funny! have a great weekend sandee, have fun on the boat!

    smiles, bee

  8. That kid may go far, but the man's wife may just kill him.

  9. Now that is a salesman.

  10. Funny! But you men are big it too much to ask for a tampon or two when we have to watch ALL the football season.

  11. Now THAT'S a salesman!

  12. Now THAT'S a salesman!!! LOL
    Aloha ha ha-

    Comfort Spiral

  13. I have an award for you.

  14. Funny story.
    Thanks for sharing this to us.
    Enjoy your weekend. :)

  15. Hahahaha...if i can't visit you just for 1 day, i will miss you Sandee because of your funny post here.

    You made my day again. hahaha.

    have a great weekend.

  16. He is really a salesperson..

  17. OMG!! Too funny. I agree with Diller... you can find a Mr. and Mrs. Jones is just about every congregation.

  18. So how was it? Was it worth seeing? On youtube he sounds very cool..

  19. you know i can actually SEE my mother doing this! i swear she'd do it!

  20. Thats pretty good. Stride is actually really clever with their video marketing. They have used youtube effectively to produce viral videos.

  21. Well, I could use some lessons from that kid... wow, that was brilliant, yes??? funny too...
    Have a great Sunday, see ya soon, take care, much love, hugs and:))))

  22. Where can i find this guy, i will pirate him from his present company.

  23. now thats a tale of a talented salesman and a dumbo customer :P


  24. Ha! My husband is a salesman so I appreciate this joke! Although, I think he would have sold some guy some chocolate to take home to the wife :)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥