Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gennaro's New Shoes

Gennaro is in this country for only 6 months. He walks to work 20 blocks every day and passes a shoe store.

Each day he stops and looks in the window to admire the Boccelli leather shoes. He wants those shoes so much...it's all he can think about.

After about 2 months he saves the price of the shoes, $300, and purchases them.

Every Friday night the Italian community holds a dance in the church basement.

Gennaro seizes this opportunity to wear his new Boccelli leather shoes for the first time. He asks Sophia to dance and as they dance he asks her, 'Sophia, do you wear red panties tonight?'

Startled, Sophia replies, 'Yes, Gennaro, I do wear red panties tonight, but how do you know?'

Gennaro answers, 'I see the reflection in my new $300 Boccelli leather shoes. How do you like them?'

Next he asks Rosa to dance, and after a few minutes he asks, 'Rosa, do you wear white panties tonight?'

Rosa answers, 'Yes, Gennaro, I do, but how do you know that?'

He replies, 'I see the reflection in my new $300 Boccelli leather shoes. How do you like them?'

Now as the evening is almost over and the last song is being played, Gennaro asks Carmela to dance.

Midway through the dance his face turns red. He states, 'Carmela, be stilla my heart, please, please tell me you wear no panties tonight, please, please, tella me this true!'

Carmela smiles coyly and answers, 'Yes Gennaro, I wear no panties tonight.'

Gennaro gasps, ‘Thanka God...I thought I had a CRACK in my $300 Boccelli leather shoes!'

Stolen from: Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This

33 comments:

  1. Interesting pair of shoes :P

    LOL... take care mate... cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These could well be dangerous shoes, I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $300 vs the view...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet those shoes won't keep him warm at night though!

    Have a great day, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snerx.

    It is still funny. Yeah, as you well know, I read it at Hale's site.

    He writes a terrific mystery. Perhaps some of your regulars will stop by his place and check out his latest effort, The Quill and the Quire. I am sure the mystery lovers will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was the reflection a little fuz... oh never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw, for those readers who get interested in Hale's story, there are links to his other efforts at his blog under the title, original fiction.

    Good reading, to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahaha.... that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Too darned funny, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say this is FUNNY!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Italian men...tee hee tee...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My father's name was Gennaro but I don't think he ever owned patent leather shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG too funny!, my sides are splitting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For that pair of shoes, men will pay whatever the cost lol, have nice day Sandee :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jack - I agree that if anyone is interested in a good read they should visit Hale @ It Occurred to Me and read The Quill and the Quire. He writes so very well. Thanks for mentioning that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea where that would could have possibly been going... that was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't get it... Okay, I do! I just don't understand Italian very well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha! I'll have to remember to tell my friends that one later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wasn't e4xpecting that ending. Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. now THAT was funny! ha ha ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Watch out for the shoes...lol...too funny!!

    Better today Sandee...thanks for asking. I do have exercises but can't start them until this settles.

    I only have a little over a week now and will be done with most of the medication!

    Walter is home and all is well...he shopped and is cleaning...what a sweet heart!!

    Happy day!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did NOT see that one coming. Too funny Sandee. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laughing...I'm with Ettarose. I didn't see it coming either...

    Have a great evening Sandee.

    Hug, and love,

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too funny!! I seriously don't know any guy who would care about a possible crack in his shoes like Gennaro!!!

    Also, I left some love for you over at my blog!!

    :)
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Annie - You have a great evening too. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kat - I'll be right over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jackie - I'm glad you are better. I know how much that hurts. I hope you are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I bet he kept them VERY shiney!

    cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh, he loves the shoes more than the lady.
    Tell me where can i buy this shoes

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh hahahahahaha, funny funny funny... wish I coulda seen her face... hahahahaha... loved this one for sure...
    Have a great night, much love,hugs and :)))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥