Tuesday, August 11, 2009


God was missing for six days.

Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him resting on the seventh day. He inquired, "Where have you been?"

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, “and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth, and it's going to be a place to test Balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor. Over here I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things."

God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, pointed to a land area and said, "What's that?"

"That's the State of West Virginia, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful rivers, mountains, streams, lakes, forests, and hills. The people from the State of West Virginia are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace, and producers of good things."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "But what about Balance, God? You said there would be Balance."

God smiled, "There's Washington, DC. Wait till you see the idiots I put there!"

Stolen from: Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This


  1. God is the Wise One :)

  2. Hmmm speechless, I'm wondering what will they say about this :P have nice day Sandee :)

  3. That's great! LOL, thanks for the laugh!

  4. We have this to Brazilian politicians. I guess many countries can adapt it.
    Have a great day Sandee!

  5. So God's laughing heartily, as Congress lives even further down to His expectations than He could have figured.

  6. ROFL I'm going to have to show that one to the hubby ;D

  7. There never seems to be a shortage of willing occupants for D.C. either.
    The test of an idiot is, how much are you willing to spend to get a job that make 50% of your constituents mad at you 100% of the time? And how many fellow idiots are willing to contribute to that cause?

  8. Oy...too true! Laughing sure helps, since that's about all us commoners can do.

  9. Oh, so that's why they call it West By God Virginia! bwahahahaha!

  10. Considering that our ex-VP, Dick Cheney, referred to West Virginians as a bunch of inbreeds - I found this one particularly delightful! TY! :-)

  11. yup. he sure did get that right! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  12. Funny and interesting. Became new follower. Check out my blog if you'd like.

  13. What can I say? Afterall, we did put them there-D.C. 'Tis we the peeps that keep them there. Oh well, no West Virginia for us.

  14. West Virginia????

  15. woww.. !!
    Let the God think twice to put some idiot person in Washington DC..what happen to the country then.. ? :)

  16. This took a turn I wasn't expecting. I love it.

  17. Now this one had me really laughing out loud! I always knew God had a sense of humor!

  18. "God made the idiot for practice, then created the schoolboard."
    Mark Twain

    Aloha ha ha-

    Comfort Spiral

  19. Sinema
    Brilliant ideas I think, too.

  20. I live just outside DC.

    There are some strange folks around here indeed.

  21. Priceless...Laughing...

    Have a great evening Sandee. :))

    Big hug, and lotsa love,


  22. lmao!!!!
    I love political humor.
    I love religious humor.


    Love to you dear Sandee!

  23. I don't think the author of that joke has been to West Virginia! he he he

  24. Lol...I think I have the answer to all of this. They all have really bad inflamed sciatic nerves. It's in the medicine everyone!!

  25. Balance was a great idea, only problem is stupidity is catching and spreads quicker than bad news.

  26. You seem to be reading day and night looking for good stuff to post lol

  27. 175.5!!! Noooooo!

    I just don't know.

    Oh! I left you a tip on my blog, in response to the comment before this one. I'm not sure what ALL it said, but mostly it was that I picked up a hot tip to lose weight. We keep the weight on because of the benefits we get from it ... yes ... hidden benefits. We list the 125 benefits (and we don't skimp ... we list all 125) and then we list five healthy/positive behaviors that would get us the SAME benefit and as we read down our list of 125 we ... match them up with the positive replacement? I have the e mail ... I'll send it to you. I've just got to look it up again. But I'm going to do my list this week. Hard to believe that I'll find ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE benefits! But I trust my source, Dr. Demartini and got it STRAIGHT from his mouth to mine. And his stuff WORKS ... I've tried his methods. So this is hot, girl! We wanna do this!

    Just sayin'

    Hugs hugs hugs!

    Wendy :)

  28. Oh my. That ain't right. :D

    People from Virginia will be very happy with this joke. But for those from DC.. uh-oh.
    Well, it is kinda unfair to generalize the place just because the president is there...
    Just kidding!

  29. This was right on, Sandee.

  30. Yeah, couldn't have been Alabama. God would have mentioned the Crimson Tide :)

  31. Oh hahahahaha, wonder why he picked W. VA???? just kidding... that was very cute humor, I like it...
    Hope your day is great, and all is well...
    Much love, hugs and :))))


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥