Monday, August 24, 2009

Awards Monday

Annie of A Nice Place In The Sun gave me the You Cheer Me Up award. Thank you so very much Annie. I truly know what this award means to you. Big hug and lotsa lovies.

Here's what Annie has to say about this award:
The bloggers nominated for the You Cheer Me Up Award are among the best in the blogosphere. Maybe, it's due to the fact that there are so many people communicating in one place, but I'm impressed by the character of so many of the people I've met since I've been blogging.

Therefore, I want to nominate blogger's who are brave enough to open their heart, strong enough to be kind, right enough to care about others, and funny enough to make us laugh.

A person with a combination of those characteristics, would be brave, strong, caring, and kind, with an open heart, and a great sense of humor.

In addition to good character, You Cheer Me Up Award winners are also among the things I hold in the highest regard, such as Charlotte, from Charlotte's Web, a box of Peanut Butter Panic Ice Cream, the image above of Lucy and Ethel, and of course, children, animals, and books. (Recipients feel free to fill in this paragraph to your liking.)

I wish I was in the position to give an award to Lucy and Ethel for the whole idea of them on the job at the Candy Company - trying to eat candy as fast as the conveyor belt delivered it...but that dream is simply out of the question.

For that matter, so is the opportunity to award E.B.White, the author of Charlotte's Web, and many other writers, directors, poets, painters, and photographers, who contributed so much to my life, my character, and my choices.

However, I can pass this Award to the blogger’s who make me laugh until my face hurts, and the blogger’s whose writing voice comforts me when I'm feeling lost, teaches me about others, and inspires me to move forward... That I can do...and I can promise that the following video is so funny it will make you laugh out loud..." (You can use any example scene from the show, or take out the last line.)

Here's Annie picks: Dawn from Twisted Sister Sandee from Comedy Plus Grace from Hugz Before You Go Eric from The Speedcat Hollydale Page Sue from Sanity On Edge Daisy, Harley, and Mom from Daisy, The Curly Cat Maunie James from MaunieJames 2 Tisha from Crazy Working Mom Mushy from Mushy's Moochings Jackie from The Painted Veil Robin from Robin's Nest Babs from Beetle's Humour Memories 'n' Ramblings The Retired One from The Retirement Chronicles Connie From Connie's View Kim from PurpleFrogcat Margo from Life In The Short Lane Sue from Farvel Cargo Chilly, from On The Bricks King from King of New York Hacks LaShan from A Lil Enchanted Rebecca from Freaky Frugalite Harriet from Harriet Wanda from A Blog With Two Sides Jodi from Jodi's Journey Emila from Emila's Illustrated Blog Henson from Henson's Hell Valerie from Thinking Out Loud Blog. com Ferd from The Best Parts Mel from Attitude, The Ultimate Power at Monday Morning Power Theresa from Sleeping Kitten- Dancing Dog Anne from Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder Leigh from Inside My Head Margie and Edna from Margie and Edna's Basement Russ, from Grampy and You Jill from Creative Cafe' The Muse from A Diva's Hammer... Wielded By The Muse Kathy from The Junk Drawer Maitri from Maitri's Notes, Quotes, and Flashing Thoughts Kat of Candles, Crafts and Whatnot and Bing (PinkLady) of Sheepish Thoughts gave me the J'Adore Tien Blog award. J'Adore Tien Blog means I Love Your Blog in French. Good enough for me. Thanks so much Kat and Bing for always thinking of me. Big hug. Here are the rules: * Copy the award image above. * Pass it to the bloggers whom you think are deserving for this award. * Leave a message to them. * Pass as many as you want. * Leave a comment to the person who give this award. Here's Kat's picks: Stigma No More The Painted Veil Sheepish Thoughts Comedy Plus Lovely Purses Meow Diaries A Lil Enchanted Grammology.com My Beautiful Creations Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife My Art and the Mom in Me A Simple Life PJ's Prose Your Daily Cute Womens Self Esteem My Heart Voice Just Bloggled The Modern Mom Cat/Dog Log Hugz Before You Go Proud Mommy Take a Coffee Break Bambi's Thoughts Coming Back to Life All About Cakes Rambling Stuff Here's Bing's picks: Soy Wax Candles Blog Maitri's Notes, Quotes and Flashing Thoughts Dolly's Daily Diary Comedy Plus Thom's Place 4 Well Whatever... Harriet Psychic Mama*Indigo Child Mariuca
Share This

14 comments:

  1. Sandee, Congratulations on the new awards. You deserve them so much. Thanks for being a bright spot in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sandee!
    I'll get mine up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee! Bless you! Congratulations on both of your well-deserved nominations. The fact that you mentioned how much this award means to me, goes to show you, and others that I'm right about your character. I only hope you know how much you and Comedy Plus mean to me as well. :))

    Thank you for taking the time, as well as the space,(Smile) to pass it along. Particularly, when it was optional. You're one great lady.

    I love ya Buddy,

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mua Mua Mua hug hug hug!!!

    Hey ... I hit 169.5 TWICE this week. Woo hooooo!

    Apparently, we have to eat lots less. LOL.


    I am proud of you! Your hard work will pay off, girlfriend!

    Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lucky blogs
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all the winners. And I will wait for my time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you girl!

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree... your blog makes me smile. A well deseved award!! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congratulations Sandee...I can ALWAYS count on at least a good chuckle, if not an outright guffaw, when I drop by your blog--and I really enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You SO deserve these awards and I love the way you share linky-luv when publishing and passing along awards (sans rulez). Your blog ALWAYS cheers me up. I just wish I had more time to spend at the computer visiting ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. OooooPpppSsss I forgot to contact you that I too picked you for this one. I have to agree about what a lovely job you do when posted awards.

    Iknow I have said this at least a hundred times but I m always amazed at how organized you are.

    You make all of this look so easy. Yuo always list everyone's links and I know that takes a great deal of time.

    You are one super blogger Sandee and deserve every award ever designed.

    I apologize that I forgot to contact you that I selected you for both of these too. I have been having some technical problems lately. As a matter of fact LJ is working again right now on my blog to try to figure out why my posting is now working properly.

    Congratulations and you do always cheer us up and you are always there for everybody whenever they need help!

    I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Big hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooopss again, I also passe along the French award to you. I simply have no reason and don't understand at all how I forgot to tell you!!

    I was out mot of the day running errands and shopping. so I am very late making rounds today!!

    Happy Afternoon and I hope you are not in the way of the fires I am hearing about on the news!!

    Happy Friday!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mua Mua Mua hug hug hug!!!

    Hey ... I hit 169.5 TWICE this week. Woo hooooo!

    Apparently, we have to eat lots less. LOL.


    I am proud of you! Your hard work will pay off, girlfriend!

    Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥