Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday


Yesterday was a fun filled day for me, hubby, my son and both my granddaughters. Last month my oldest granddaughter Sarah graduated from high school. I shared that milestone with all of you. Yesterday was another milestone for Sarah as she turned 18 years old.

When she was 15 and getting ready for her learners permit hubby and I talked with our son about buying her a new car when she graduated from high school. We agreed that along with the graduation she had to be good and also get good grades. Graduation wasn't enough, Sarah agreed to those terms and she graduated from high school with a 3.83 GPA. Works for all of us. She did her part and now it was time for us to step up to the plate and do ours.

She had already picked out the kind of car she wanted, a Honda Civic LS Sport. She wanted it in black or white. She ended up with a dark gray. The other thing that she had to do was wait until her 18th birthday. She mentioned at lunch (after taking possession of her car) that the last month has taken a few years to pass. We have spent the last month securing the car she wanted, getting all the paperwork done (except for DMV) and the insurance done and ready for signature. Her signature.

Here's a slide show with just a few pictures of what she went through yesterday. The first picture of her and her father, if you look very close you will see her toddler picture between them. Grandpa and grandma are very proud of you Sarah.

We have one more granddaughter and the rules are going to be the same. I hope she gets a new car too.
Share This

34 comments:

  1. A great achievement. Well done to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's Beautiful! Just like her mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 18th birthday to Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on those grades, Sarah! Happy 18th Birthday!

    You totally ROCK as a Grandmother, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! i triple LOVE this post! what a happy happy event! she is beautiful and your son is very handsome. in the photo where she is a toddler she reminds me of lala at the same age. what a wonderful start to my day to read this! thank you!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely made her birthday one to remember. Do ya just love doing special stuff for the grand kids, regardless of their age? Great photos grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous girl, and so happy! How very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking family. Happy and safe motoring...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bow on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww....What a cool grandma you are, Sandee! Love the car! Sarah must be sooo excited :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I can see you are very proud of her. She is a very pretty girl!

    Love and Blessings,
    AngelBaby

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh you are a good Grandma!
    She is adorable!
    So happy for her accomplishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Would you like to be my grandmother? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so fantastic! She will go far in life. HBD to her.

    Grandmothers are dream makers and have so much faith in their grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WTG Sarah!!
    Congrats to everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Sarah. Good for you.

    Grandparents, you are very special too.

    Great photos, and a good choice of a vehicle. But then, as you can see from my photo, I'm a tad bit biased. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you my Darling, we had fun!
    zily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't go wrong with a Honda. Hubby loves his Civic hybrid.

    So, I'm a bit old to be your granddaughter, but I graduated from HS with a 3.9 GPA. Could I have a new car, too, please?

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday to Sarah,your granddaughter.Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Sarah!
    Well done :D
    Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice car! Happy Birthday Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks sandee... just added u too... =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy 18th Birthday to Sarah! I wish I had someone buy me a car, too, when I turned 18 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. She was raised right and proud! Congrats to all around!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful gal; beautiful car--wonderful accomplishments all around! I, too, am so proud of Sarah. You are mighty blessed, Sandee. Life is good! Big hugs, honey, and congrats to a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday to Sarah and may I ad bitching car! Awesome gift Sandee, hugs & loves!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you everyone. I'm still on cloud nine for her. She's such a wonderful young woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad that both parties lived up to their respective parts of the bargain.

    I hope my grandchildren never find out that there are grandparents in this world who give cars!!! :)


    Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is really cool.. lucky girl! happy birthday to Sarah =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry I'm late, but of course; Belated Happy Birthday to Sarah - all the way from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post!!!! The car and the grand-daughters are very sweet looking, and they are lucky to have such caring grandparents, who inspire them to do their best!!! Way to go Sarah, the best of luck, and wow!, 18!!!!
    Nice, very nice...
    Much love, hugs and :))))

    ReplyDelete
  32. catching up...

    what a wonderful happening for all of you! You must be ever so proud! Atta girl Sarah!

    nice comment from Zane there...smile.

    hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥