Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gramps

A woman in a grocery store happens upon a grandfather and his poorly behaved 3 year-old grandson. It's obvious to her that Gramps has his hands full with the child screaming for candy in the candy aisle, cookies in the cookie aisle; same for fruit, cereal and soda in their respective aisles. Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, "Easy, Albert, we won't be long -- easy, boy."

Another outburst, and she hears Gramps calmly say, "It's okay, Albert, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Gramps again in a controlled voice is says, "Albert, Albert, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, Albert."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Gramps is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. "You know, sir, it's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. Albert is very lucky to have you as his grandpa."

"Thanks, lady," said Gramps, "I'm Albert -- the little bastard's name is Steve."

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories 'n' Ramblings
Share This

29 comments:

  1. Oh, loved that one. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... good one :)

    take care mate... cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! Sounds like a good technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Albert. Some would have killed the little bastard. snerx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! This so so funny! Tweeting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. And when we get home, Steve is gonna wish he was back at the grocery store, 'cause I'm gonna whup him real good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i have to talk myself down many, many times a day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really good one. I shall have to remember it when I am toting a screaming toddler through the store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I loved that one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That could SO be my Dad. I've noticed he has much more patience with great-grandchildren. He also seems to take great delight in saying, "Here ya, go, back to your Mom". bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO, I'll have to spread this one around on my humble tweets to my followers, I know they'll love it as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, now Pam... it will be OK. Doesn't have the same ring as Albert, but I am going to try using this one on my hubs.
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was fantanstic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha! Who can stand it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. ROFL at this one!! I have to call Walter and read this to him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a cute story. I would not have made it past the frist scream...

    Happy Wednesday, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe. My in-laws, God love them, never had this problem with my kids 'cause I threaten my kids with physical harm should they misbehave. My in-laws, however, do not dare to go out with their great-grandson, who is two years old. He's....a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahahha!!!! How damned true! Oh that's righteous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a funny one this time. But, then you almost always do!!!

    http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/07/ww-nature-all-within-24-hours.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like my son about forty years ago! He got his bottom whomped on a time or two...

    ReplyDelete
  22. The old man got it right!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh hahahahahahahahaha, I LOVE this, it is great, for sure.... hahahahahaha, there are lots of little Steve's around these days, aren't there???? funny stuff...
    Have a great day, much love, hugs and :))))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha, that's a good one!
    Well, you still gotta hand it to grandpa. He was able to keep all the rage inside and stop himself from beating his grandson into a pulp. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really true. Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This made my day! Good one! I'll try it myself hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the chuckles. Hope you're enjoying your weekend on the water ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥