Thursday, July 23, 2009


Dear Bubba,

I have been unable to sleep since I broke off your engagement to my daughter. Will you forgive and forget?

I was much too sensitive about your Mohawk, tattoo and pierced nose. I now realize that motorcycles aren't really that dangerous, and I really should not have reacted that way to the fact that you have never held a job. I am sure, too, that some other very nice people live under the bridge in the park.

Sure my daughter is only 18 and wants to marry you instead of going to Harvard on full scholarship. After all, you can't learn everything about life from books.

I sometimes forget how backward I can be. I was wrong. I was a fool. I have now come to my senses, and you have my full blessing to marry my daughter.

Your future father-in-law

P.S. Congratulations on winning this week's lottery.
Share This


  1. No ulterior motive here, uh uh.

  2. Willy believes it is good to be open minded like that!

    10-4 Willy

  3. hahaha..i stopped reading at "sincerely" and didnt understand the story so i read it back again 'til to the last sentence which is "P.S. Funny indeed.

  4. completely transparent...LOL!

  5. "But if you squander your winnings and don't take care of my daughter, I'll kill you and just tell God that you died."

  6. poor bubba...

    smiles, bee

  7. Smart guy!
    Have a great day Sandee :D

  8. Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.

  9. LOL...Priceless comes to mind. As a mother of a, everyone's worst nightmare.


    or a more serious note, you might enjoy poking around on my other blog, Bridge and Beyond

  10. Ahhhh! The lottery! That makes sense. Sorta. ha!
    Hey... you have been commenting so faithfully and I've been going through some stuff and not feeling like blogging ... but I've been weighing faithfully. Tuesday morning I got down to 173, and yesterday and today were both 173.5. WOO HOOO! I'm hovering in lower numbers than previously. So nice to see THREE come up more often than FOUR. I'll take what progress I can get.
    And you are going to do great too. Heck yeah you are! I've been hungry less with this heat, and I've been drinking tons more ice water. Also walked a really long time for two of the nights. Monday I took the kids to the beach and we ran on the beach for a while. A very short while. But I think that helped.
    I love you Sandee!
    I'm going to work on not being so scarce.
    Hug hug hug hug hug!


  11. Oh yes ... and I watched Reveille all the way through and it was AWESOME.
    Thanks for sharing it.

  12. Hahaha...Mom got smarter all of a sudden Big hugs, honey! Have a great day...

  13. Now there's a parent who knows his/her priorities!

    Have a great day, Sandee!

  14. Ha ha money, money, money, it can do that we do anything.

  15. i knew i would find here what i needed to boost my sagging spirit. =) thanks for making me smile, girl!

  16. Occasionally, the 'hoity-toity' types have a good 'un, too ;)

  17. ROFLMAO. I knew there was something for his sudden change of mind. Thanks for the laugh!

    I have given you the Elite Blog Award. Do drop by if you have time and grab it award here.

    Happy Friday!

  18. Too little too late, think??? hahahahahahaha, that was great!!! I liked it~~~
    Hope you have a great day/night, much love, hugs and :)))) always:))))

  19. How could you be as polite in this situation? :lol:

    Btw: Thanks for inviting us for a trip in your boat Sandee - we're on-board right away!

  20. Very big of you to admit when you're wrong. No need to be unreasonable, right?

  21. Another great joke that made me laugh, it is so funny when you can see right through the phoniness!!

    Guess what? I have given you a "Major Award" over at my Soy Wax Candles Blog because your blog is always so very deserving!!


  22. Good one!! I love it!! oh i do so hope you are having a terrific night!!

    Thanks for the laugh!

    Big hugs,

  23. Ha, not the character, but the money that counts. Maybe good, character is hard to measure, but money,ah---easy to count!

  24. Whatta a Dad!! And what do you think Bubba will do?? Laugh his a$$ off as he zooms by on his new Harley?


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥