Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Body the Car

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull .... but that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was.

I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.

My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it -- Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter... either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!

Stolen from Phil @ Phils Phun who stole it from Hale McKay @ It Occurred To Me
Share This


  1. ha!

    I certainly CAN'T relate to that. wink wink

  2. Well, you could always modify the car or customize it. Do some panel beating, fit a spoiler and a scoop, maybe some side skirts and it looks good again ... not recommended for the human body though :(

  3. I just hope you don't see the post below you.
    Poor thing!

  4. I am Soooooo there! It's scary isn't it?

  5. We've all been told about the dangers of the internet. Apparently, thievery abounds.


    I don't even want to contemplate the way I have begun to change for the "worse".

  6. that's me as well.Thanks for this one! Big Time Hugs.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  7. Yep, this sounds just like me!

    Have a great weekend, Sandee!

  8. I laughed until I realized you could be talking about me!!! LOL

    Then I cried..... :(

    It's hell to get old!!

  9. Ain't it the truth?! hahaha!

  10. LMAO... good one for the weekend :)

    take care... cheers...

  11. You may be in need of your own bail out package

  12. That's interesting. While listening to the story I felt the need to thank the car for her service to us.
    These headlights that became out of focus already have affected me more than any new model can offer. I rejoiced not over the novelty of the design, but was put in the gratitude for what was revealed to me and hot thank you came out of itself from my lips.

  13. Me, I look at this way, it is all good, wear and tear means experience, miles, and survival, plus, vintage... Very cute post though, for sure... But, all in all, I will take the wear, tear, bumps, grinds, and whatever comes next, as this is the reality of a life fully lived... sorry, didn't mean to get philosophical, just saying...
    Have a great night, much love to you, hugs and :)))))

  14. hahaha wonderful mental images here

  15. Anonymous6/15/2009

    I found your website great. If you want to know about Pakistan then see, here is informative website Info About Pakistan


  16. Well, at least you can keep on truckin'!


    Eat Well. Live Well.

  17. I would be nice to can change our bodywork like a car and just throw out the old one and use the new one :)

  18. Great Post... Good Luck..

  19. i certainly can't relate to this. i believe that my body is comparable to a bmw alpina. LOL. anyway, funny post.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥