Sunday, June 14, 2009

Job of a Lifetime

Outside Bristol Zoo there is a car park for 150 cars and 8 coaches. There also used to be a very pleasant attendant with a ticket machine charging cars £1 and coaches £5. This parking attendant worked there for all of 25 years, then one day just didn't turn up for work.

"Ho hum", said Bristol Zoo Management - "better phone up the City Council and get them to send a new parking attendant."

"No", said the Council, "that car park is your responsibility."

"No", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed by the City Council, wasn't he?"

"Err NO!"

Sitting in his villa in Spain is a bloke who had been taking daily the car park fees amounting to an estimated £400 per day at Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years.

Stolen from Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. Now that is how to do a con.

  2. The same picture I see in a mirror now. It allows me as to weep for the past, as to smile for life didn't stop. So what do I do? Do I grieve for my today, or rest in memoirs? I rejoice over the eloquence of your story and 'Thank you!' comes out of itself - this is not an end.

  3. I love it! A very smart man.

  4. I've read this before. Hilarious. I bet he enjoys reading about it over his Sangria, too!

  5. Only at the zoo would a nut like that pull a con like this. LOL!

  6. This explains economy today.

  7. OMG! I want that job! :o)

  8. I'd like to shake that guy's hand! What a mastermind! Oh, what I wouldn't give for his autograph.

  9. Seriously? Brilliant!!!

  10. No con, nothing illegal was just charging for his services. Better him than the government.

  11. Umm....somebody wasn't paying attention!

  12. what a great idea!!!

    smiles, bee

  13. Sorry, not true.

  14. I wonder if I could get a gig like that?


    Eat Well. Live Well.

  15. Oh I do hope this one is true.

  16. Not a bad gig at all!

    ha! Still laughing!

    I weighed in this morning and after a HORRIBLE weekend (at one point I weighed 177, but then went for a walk ... powdered my nose ...wink wink .. and weighed 175 afterwards.)

    This morning I weigh 174.5 ... finally heading back in the right direction ... and not stuffing myself QUITE as much as before.

    Beginning to feel excited about being able to mark my weight entry on my chart in COLOR if I made progress from the day before or held the line. Too much disappointment to mark it in black day after day because I'm not where I planned to be at the beginning of the year. Have to celebrate ONE day at a time, I think. Feels more motivating to me. I LOVE to see a whole week of "color" entries ... fuels my fire, if you get my drift.

    I'm sure you'll dip down too. Just hang in there and DON'T give up!!!

    You can do it! Just sayin'. :)


  17. See what you can accomplish as long as you don't get greedy. Fresh air, a little sunshine and a retirement plan. How great is that. LOVE it!

  18. Hahahahaha, another great example of management... hahahahaha, I like this one...
    Have a great day, much love, hugs and :)))


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥