Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Retarded Meme

Katherine of Wading Through my Stream of Consciousness tagged me with the Retarded Meme. Thanks K.

I use this term often. I call myself a retard, because sometimes I am. I call others a retard, because sometimes they are. Let's face it...sometimes all of us are a retard. Politically correct term? No, but that hasn't stopped me. If the shoe fits, then wear the darned thing. So here goes!

The rules are:
  1. You must write a post using the word retarded. I don't care what it's about -- Joe Biden, teenage boys wearing girls' pants, whatever.
  2. The word retarded must be a link to this post.
  3. You are encouraged to tag five other bloggers to do the same.
Child's Perspective on Retarded

A teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their vacation. One child wrote the following:

"We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to live here in a big brick house, but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida and now they live in a place with a lot of other retarded people.

"They live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass. They ride around on big tricycles and wear nametags because they don't know who they are anymore. They go to a building called a wrecked center, but they must have got it fixed, because it is all right now.

They play games and do exercises there, but they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool, too, but they all jump up and down in it with their hats on. I guess they don't know how to swim.

At their gate, there is a dollhouse with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out. Then they go cruising in their golf carts.

My Grandma used to bake cookies and stuff, but I guess she forgot how. Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And they eat the same thing every night: Early Birds. Some of the people can't get past the man in the dollhouse to go out. So the ones who do get out bring food back to the wrecked center and call it potluck.

My Grandma says Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded some day, too. When I earn my retardment I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people out so they can visit their grandchildren."

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to play along I'll add you here.
Share This


  1. I almost bought a home in a Over 50 community, just so I could have my own golf cart to ride around. Really.

  2. Joe Biden's gaffe mobile needed new tires, so it got retard.

  3. Too funny. Living for the day we can relax in the retarded home. I love the sneaking out and bringing back early birds for pot luck,lol.

  4. I cannot wait to my retardment. Too bad I still have good 30 years to go :(

  5. I can barely stop laughing.

  6. cute story. still... not a big fan of the word. :(

  7. Thanks for the laugh. Have a super day!!


  8. As politically incorrect as this was, I loved it. It took me til nearly the end to get the real meaning of "retarded." What does that say about me? Never mind -- I don't want to know.

  9. I could care less about political correctness.
    I have a friend who is so retarded she spells it: Retarted. Can't even spell the dang word.

  10. I have a cousin who has mental retardation. That is the actual way to refer to people with this condition.

    On the other hand, I have a younger brother who is retarded.

    See the difference?


    Eat Well. Live Well.

  11. Once upon a time...There was a retard...How interesting! Well... Sorry but my imagination doesnt work today :-) May be next time I invent something!

  12. Which one is the horse?

  13. Hehehe it sure does sound retarded when you describe it that way!! I love it!

  14. This is the second time I come here.
    Still don't know what to say..

  15. I suddenly want to retire sooner :-)

  16. Sounds good to me!
    Have a great day Sandee :)

  17. omg, that IS me... duhr.

    smiles, bee

  18. OMG, that cracked my stuff up, Sandee! You're too funny. LOVED IT!!

  19. Sandee.great post.you are one of the most creative people that I know.Big Time Hug.

  20. Great job, Sandee! I've got the same retarded meme to do but I just haven't quite figured out to do it yet!

    And as far as PC ... sometimes we all just gotta be unPC once in awhile in life, right?!?

  21. Oh hahahahahaha, I remember this post, it is still hilariously funny, and damned true!!!! We all used to use that term didn't we??? Funny stuff, have a great night, much love, hugs and :))))
    P. S. Respectfully:
    I used to think that it would be fun to be retarded and live the life of a retarded folk, but, I work with so many retarded (retired/elderly) folks, who are now in diapers, can't remember the day, the time, me, or what the hell I am doing in their house, and so, I decided that I ain't goin there until I have absolutely no choice... nope...

  22. I'm not one for political correctness, in fact I hate it. But I worked in special ed and the word still bothers me. I love the way the kids confused it with retired!

  23. Thanks for participating in the Retarded Meme!

  24. So i am now going to study to become retarded someday.

  25. I wish I could retard at 50...

    thanks for playing....I KNEW you would have a joke that fit.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥