Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cancun

Last night three bloggers got together for some conversation, laughs and some excellent Mexican food. Linda of Are We There Yet?? and Katherine of Wading Through My Stream of Consciousness... decided to meet again this year. Some of you may remember our first meeting last year. Well, Linda was attending a conference in Las Vegas and since it's so close to Stockton she thought she'd visit again. I know Katherine and I are very happy that she did. Katherine and Linda had some fun in Santa Cruz (read about that HERE) before heading back to Stockton for dinner.

We decided to meet at seven for dinner and thought perhaps a nice glass of wine would be in order first, so we sat at the bar and started our almost nonstop four-hour conversation. We talked about what each other has been up to and discussed many different bloggers we come into contact with every week. Pretty soon the wine was gone and we were ready for dinner.

We knew Linda would have the same thing she always has, and she shocked us by having something different. It looked really good too. Okay, all of our food looked really good and more importantly is was excellent. I don't think any of us ladies stopped talking for two seconds while we ate dinner either. It was even more fun than last year and that was one of the greatest evenings ever.
My poor husband was outnumbered. The Teamster (Katherine's other half) is off celebrating his 50th on a motorcycle trip, so he wasn't with us last night. I don't think hubby said 10 words all night, but he had a good time though. He also was responsible for taking pictures. He's such a good sport. Thank you honey!

Finally we realized that the restaurant was empty, except for us, and decided we had better leave. We still ended up standing outside talking some more. I do want Empress Bee to know that Linda did in fact give me that hug you ordered. Thanks a million honey, you have no idea how touched I was over that request.

Linda is talking about coming back in the fall (during our Indian summer) and us getting together for more adventures. I'd like that a lot. I really enjoyed the evening and I truly love Linda and Katherine to pieces. If you haven't met some bloggers in person you should really make the effort. It's indeed very rewarding.
Share This

40 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHH... yum... It amazes me that our travels are great reasons to enjoy some GREAT food!! Y'all look a bit devilish hiding behind those menus :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would be first! Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, that sounds and looks like so much fun! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ... that story thing was fun. Can't wait to see what is waiting for him/her as she looks outside of the airplane potty ...

    bet it's Ivana. Or Ivanka! Ready to run away with him/her ... cuz he still LOOKS like a him.

    Too bad. He was cute when he was a him. Crazy cross dressing fool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooh! I was here the same time as Pam! Hi Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... I am a comment hoarder today.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i am so jealous!!! and happy for y'all too... but jealous! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how cool, and me too Bee, I am jealous.... but, that is way cool, and you all look like long time friends this year... glad you all had a great time.... much love, hugs and :)))) always...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo of the three of you! Sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I'm meeting Bee and Charlie again for dinner Friday. Can't wait! Hope to meet you all one day, too. Only my wine will be red, of course. ;-)

    I also asked Linda to give you a Big Hug. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful!
    So happy for you all...
    life is good isn't it?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh shoot! I wanted to attend too.

    Looks like a blast ... I have often wondered what it might be like to meet other bloggers. (and then blog bout that)

    YHA HOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy is comment hoarding ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder where Wendy learned to comment hoard?

    Hi Speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barb - We (Linda and I) must have both missed that comment in her post. Thanks a million for the hug. I'm going to make it back to your neck of the woods one day. You'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does sound like fun! Glad you had a good time Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi !!!!!!!!!!!

    I just saw you at the candle place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've met two fellow bloggers so far and it was the coolest thing i've ever done! well... close to the coolest! :)

    sounds like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great fun for you all! Loved the pics - wouldn't it be nice to have a visit with some of our blogger buddies. I know a bunch I would love to sit down with, sip, sup and talk.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darn! I should have made a list of hug requests before I got there then I wouldn't have missed anyone ...

    It really was a great evening and I had such a good time in spite of ordering something slightly different! I think it was because I hadn't eaten all day and after touring so much of Santa Cruz and then driving back 2-1/2 hours, I was starving!

    A big THANK YOU to Zane for taking all of the pictures and I must say that we do look like we were having a grand time - right up until they flashed the lights and booted us out!! Can't wait to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea and I bet it was a lot fun!

    Thanks for sharing!!! :)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How neat to see everyone in real life. That would be fun and nice to meet some of my blogging friends live someday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Los Tres Amigos! (Or something like that...)
    That's such a cute pic! I bet you were all grinning, though. It's hard to have that much fun and keep a straight face!
    Happy Cinco de Mayo. Yeah.
    ~~~Blessings~~~ (hugs, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is great! I'm also jealous, Happy you could meet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a fine time had by all! You all look great! Hugs and loves Sandeewandy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. so true mate...

    its always been a pleasure to know the people behind the blogs :)

    am glad that I have met a few of them :)

    they are good mates now :)

    take care..
    cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's always good when bloggers meet for real.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww... I just love the photos -and I'm ith Miss Bee: Happy for you, but a bit jealous.

    One of my dreams is buying a round-the-blogworld ticket and visit some friends one day - but being in the middle of moving this might take ages to get the money together :-)

    Speaking about moving... there will be no internet for weeks in the new home. I can't wait to pop in after the net will be back.

    Take care, Sandee - hugs to you and Zane.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds like a great night.

    It must be fun to meet up with blog friends in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've never met another blogger that I read or that reads me. Maybe someday. Of course I only have three readers. So, there ya go.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like a great time was had by all. And what a great hubby to be the photog for the night.

    I think we need to put together a GIANT bloggers reunion somewhere! Wouldn't that be cool. :P

    ReplyDelete
  32. Maybe some day I'll make it to the golden coast as well ;o)
    I'm glad you girls had a great time - the pics are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  33. How kewl is this!!! Looks like LOTS of phun to me ... would have enjoyed being there too ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  34. I totally envious - I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The only thing wrong with those pictures--I wasn't in them! Dang, I'm jealous. Got to get to that west coast again! Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well even in this real picture there is comedy. So why are covering your face anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  37. The pics are great...second only to the company...and well..maybe the food! Thanks Zane! (there is actually one of me with my eyes open...)

    I had another great time with you guys. I can't believe how fast the hours flew by!

    one more thing, I owe another blogger...

    with all due respect….I have tagged you. I don‘t tag very often…it really is a compliment…

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love it!! I've met other bloggers too (Linda is one of them) and I would love to meet more. It is almost surreal to step off the blog page. Real friendships. Yep. For sure.

    Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks like you had a blast and of course your worth it! and you know what? It goes with my saying: 'Blogging Connecting People' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. It looks like you girls had a magnificent time! I'm glad you posted pictures so we could join in on your fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥