Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Banking Explained

Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a donkey from a farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news. The donkey died.'

Chuck replied, 'Well, then, give me my money back.'

The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I went and spent it already.'

Chuck said, 'OK then, bring me the dead donkey.'

The farmer asked, 'What ya gonna do with him?'

Chuck said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'

The farmer said 'You can't raffle off a dead donkey!'

Chuck said, 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'

A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, 'What happened with
that dead donkey?'

Chuck said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece
and made a profit of $898.00.'

The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'

Chuck said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him back his two dollars.'

Chuck now works for Citibank.

Hat tip: My sister ♥Debbie♥
Share This

28 comments:

  1. thats the real simple interest :P

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good one. No wonder we're in a mess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...apparently Chuck ain't in the part of Citibank that got duped by the Nigerians out of $27 Million in '07. That must have been his Hah-vahd educated coworker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple way of doing business!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant.

    I think that might just work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a Bernie Madoff scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. He could work for the Treasury Dept

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know? I'll bet that a good con could actually pull that off... Any takers?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahahaha great one Sandee! Hugs & loves!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. And getting million bonuses... Smart boy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! that is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. bwhahahahaahhahaha! I'm emailing this one to hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha ha ha, he thinks like my son!

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxxoxoxoxooxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHA! Now, where do I find a donkey?

    jk. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha :D

    brilian... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is very good for a laugh. But to be serious, that's not very honest. I would not want Chuck to be servicing me at Citi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very funny! Great job, Sandee...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great one.... thanks for the smile....

    Have a great day....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that was down right clever...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I've met Chuck!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why didn't I think of something like that??!!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a coincidence! Actually, we've started doing it a month ago. I am part of the team who will have to sell 500 tickets worth Php 1,000.00 each. The prize is a second-hand Pajero. Hope it will also work for us!

    Congratulations for being No. 1 in spicypage.com!

    I always look for your website on the No. 1 spot! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Briliant!!!! Man, I wish I was that clever, or whatever.... hahahahahahaha... Great one! Have a beautiful Spring evening, much love, hugs and :))))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for clarifying that, Sandee. Good knowledge to have.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Must be a lawyer who now works for Citibank.

    Paul

    Eat Well. Live Well.
    PurpleGreenPops.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. ROFL Funny and brilliant! Never heard this story before. Uhmm, but why citibank? But hey, why so serious lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥