Sunday, February 2, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

Meeting St. Peter

Three blonde friends died together in a car wreck. They found themselves standing in front of the pearly gates with St. Peter. He told them that before they could enter heaven, they had to tell him what Easter was about.

The first blonde said, "Easter is a big holiday where we give thanks, have a big feast and eat turkey."

"Nooooo," said St. Peter. "You don't get in."

The second blonde said, "Easter is the holiday that we celebrate Jesus' being born of the virgin and give gifts to each other."

"Nooooo," said St. Peter. "You don't get in, either."

The third blonde said, "Well, I know what Easter is all about. Easter is a Christian holiday which coincides with the Jewish Passover. After Jesus celebrated Passover with His disciples, He was betrayed by Judas and turned over to the Romans. They crucified Him on a cross. After He died, they buried him in a tomb and put a huge boulder in front of it."

"Very good!" said St. Peter.

The blonde continued, "Now, every year, the Jews roll the stone away and Jesus comes out. If He sees his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of basketball."

St. Peter fainted!

Share This

26 comments :

  1. No linky this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. That made the Person laugh out loud. That is funny.
    Take care Sandee and Zane and Little Bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I thought the third one was gonna get in, LOL!!! My Lady Girl gave me a "look" when I snickered!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, almost made it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical over here, Sandee! "If He sees his shadow!" LOL Excellent! Thank you for the great laugh ... and I hope you have a very happy Groundhog Day! :D ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor St. Peter! Good one.

    Have a fab Sunday. Big hugs from foggy central FL, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one i'm not so sure i'll share at church today! Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so THAT'S why we have march madness!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. She 'almost' got it! hahahhahaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha or football for that matter hun!..HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOLOL well almost made it y-)

    Have a tanfastic Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so happy that the third one was going to make it and then she hit me with the big surprise ending that had me laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's why I never liked Basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny I was just talking about Easter and then read your silly Sunday, you come up with some good ones even made my husband LOL Have a goood week :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do like the Blonde jokes...I'm guessing you are a Blonde yourself.

    That is not meant as a diss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Basketball? I thought it was hockey. ... c-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That third one was on a roll there for a second. I thought she had it

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh hahahah and here I thought if the EASTER BUNNY saw his shadow we had to endure 6 more weeks of football. What did I know?

    ReplyDelete
  19. What! That's not right???

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's so funny. I was wondering how it was going to end. Thanks for the silly laughs today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol at "St. Peter fainted!" hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A special ending just for Ground Hog Day.
    I love your blonde jokes, Sandee. ::)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha Ha Ha!!! Rise & shine campers it's Easter

    ReplyDelete
  24. If only that's how it really worked.

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥