Sunday, May 12, 2013

Silly Sunday

Silly Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. Rhonda of Laugh-Quotes has given me this meme to run. The rules will remain the same as she set them up. I'll do my very best each week to visit your Silly Sunday post.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
  • Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc
  • Add the URL of your funny blog post on the Silly Sunday Linky for the week below.
My Mother Taught Me About...

1. My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION...

"Just wait until your father gets home."

2. My Mother taught me about RECEIVING....

"You are going to get it when we get home!"

3. My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE...

"What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don't talk back to me!"

4. My Mother taught me LOGIC...

"If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

5. My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE...

"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

6. My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD...

"If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job."

7. My Mother taught me HUMOR...

"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

8. My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT...

"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

9. My Mother taught me about GENETICS...

"You're just like your father."

10. My Mother taught me about my ROOTS...

"Do you think you were born in a barn?"

11. My Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE...

"When you get to be my age, you will understand."

And last but not least...

12. My Mother taught me about JUSTICE...

"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you....Then you'll see what it's like!"


2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
13.
14.
17.

Share This

17 comments :

  1. Oh, my mother has used all of them... plus a million other motherly gems... I'm pretty sure her favorite go-to mother-ism was, "Because i said so. THAT'S why".

    Happy Mother's Day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was going to say we had the same mom, but then i got to #12, and that was what my dad used to say, only he called it a curse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are so true, adults say the most stupid of things to there kids..me included..LOL xx00xx

    Have a wonderful Sunday and big hugs

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL so true and all familiar when I was a child heheh!

    Have a sillytastic Sunday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! Golden Thanks for sharing. Have a good Sunday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, those are all so familiar. I was preached every one of those and they are funny. Love the cut off the toes one.
    Happy Mother's day Sandee. Give Little Bit a hug for us and tell her she needs to do something special for you and Zane today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, we did have the same mother! I knew it!!!

    Happy Mother's Day.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day all you Pet Rock Mothers. :-f

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my favorite "Motherisms" was one I heard a mother say to her kid "If I have told you once I have told you a million times....don't exaggerate!" hahah
    Have a Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom used most of these statements on me when I was growing up. Happy Mother's Day to all Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Justice... for sure! LOL!

    My favorite mom-ism, "Would you do that in front of the Queen of England?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funnily enough, it was my dad who always said "Were you born in a barn?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. my mother used number 12 OFTEN!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last one scares me. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post for Mother's Day Sandee. I hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mom tried to warn me, but just like most kids I didn't listen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every mom is amazing in her own way!

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥