Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Little Sat Nav

I have a little Sat Nav
It sits there in my car
A Sat Nav is a driver's friend
It tells you where you are

I have a little Sat Nav
I've had it all my life
It's better than the normal ones
My Sat Nav is my wife

It gives me full instructions
Especially how to drive
"It's thirty miles an hour", it says
"You're doing thirty five"

It tells me when to stop and start
And when to use the brake
And tells me that it's never ever
Safe to overtake

It tells me when a light is red
And when it goes to green
It seems to know instinctively
Just when to intervene

It lists the vehicles just in front
And all those to the rear
And taking this into account
It specifies my gear.

I'm sure no other driver
Has so helpful a device
For when we leave and lock the car
It still gives its advice

It fills me up with counseling
Each journey's pretty fraught

So why don't I exchange it
And get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house,
Makes sure I'm properly fed,
It washes all my shirts and things
And keeps me warm in bed!

Despite all these advantages
And my tendency to scoff,
I only wish that now and then
I could turn the bugger off.

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories and Ramblings
Image Credit: Kelly's Journey
Share This

18 comments :

  1. hahahahahahaha!!!!! :)) that is so me!!! I usually nudge my husband and tell him..it's green..it's red..hahahaha!! Thank you for the hearty laugh Sandee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! Funny poem ... no wonder ours is no longer in use. Happy Tuesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! And I have built in brakes. Yep. Whenever I think the driver should brake my foot automatically brakes in no matter which seat I am sotted in. Sometimes, I even use my hands in the dash brakes. srsly.

    =)

    Have a perfectly loverly day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Goodness, that is so terrific. I think we all have a little back seat driving in us. But I love that poem. Perfect. Made my day. W-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hawahhwwwwww loved it :) Big hugs xx00xxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain't technology great. :-h

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky bugger! And he is the very same guy who snores.

    Big hugs from sunny, cool WPB, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute. At first I thought your hubby wrote it, but I think he is too nice for that last line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute and intelligent is our wife satnav! It mixes love and affection while discharging its duty unlike the dumb instrument!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's cute. Now that my Nav is gone my direction is often confused until I stop and think about what she would have said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! So true! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I do that all the time. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute poem. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice one, Sandee!!! LOL y-)
    I have one too, mine even tells me where and how to park. :P
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. It doesn't insult you, like "that was dumb!" You missed your turn idiot! LOL..you'd be tearing that thing right off the dash!! ha,ha,ha,...

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! That's funny! My hubby's doesn't keep him fed or do the laundry so hopefully he doesn't trade it in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I guess there's good and bad with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute poem. What would we do without our gadgets. Don't tell her I called her a gadget.

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥