Monday, February 11, 2013

Fragments

It was nice to go to the boat this past weekend. In fact we are still enjoying the boat. We'll head home sometime today. I'll be so glad when the weather warms up and we won't have to bundle up and mostly I won't have to wear shoes and socks.& Just my flip flops.

Seymour says he likes the boat just fine, and he likes the yacht club members. He did a great job of behaving himself Saturday night during the meeting and buffet dinner. He has great table manners when he wants to, other times not so much. He sure likes cold adult beverages though. He's one expensive rock.

I'm working on our first IOBG (International Order of the Blue Gavel) membership meeting and induction of new commodores. We have a total of 19 new members and that's excellent. I'm still the treasurer and I'm also the secretary. That will change when the new treasurer is sworn in that day too. Then I'll just have the secretary job to do and that's quite a bit. I schedule all the events. It's hard to believe but next year I'll be the vice president. Already?; Yep already.

This is the beginning of a new week. Go out and make it your best week ever. That's what I intend to do.
Share This

20 comments :

  1. And that's what I intend to do too!! make it my best week ever :D

    Glad to hear you had a nice weekend at your boat with Seymour the great rock pet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best week ever? Well, that's gonna be hard since I'll be working... but today will be good since I'll be one a getaway day in lovely St. Augustine with friends!

    There is no such thing as a "free pet". And apparently, even rocks have wants and needs.

    bahahahaha!

    Have a funtabulous day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! We are going shopping for paint and maybe even new shutters! That is if I can get Walter and Mollipop out of bed this morning!

    Congratulations on your promotion! I just know you will be an awesome Vice-President!

    I am off to feed the kitties. We don;t bring home the new puppy until next week but I have pictures up!

    Big big hugs....xoxo's too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that rock is becoming high maintenance if I was you I wouldn't spoil him LOL

    Good to hear you will be vice president next year too.

    Have a sailtastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are having a good time Sandee! Seymour is one lucky rock to be experiencing the good times too!:) All the very best with your activities with the IOBG. I see that things are going well. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh i like seymour already. he sounds like such a well mannered rock! i just wish he had a face! ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seymour is cracking me up!I know you will relish one less volunteer job. And I'm with you, bring on flip flop weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does Seymour wear a life vest on deck?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good rock, Seymour. So glad you behaved yourself. We sure don't want a bad rock. Hope you have a great week and a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a great week also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a nice week, Sandee. Sounds like you had a nice weekend even with Seymour. I still say trick him into drinking beer. I am glad that my rocks are all teetotalers.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seymour is quite a rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear Seymour is costing you so much. Maybe you should only take him to dry events :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. One less job...and flip flops! Bring it on!!!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  15. So what does Seymour eat? Gravel?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seymour has more fun than we do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you are one busy lady! Thats good. Wish I felt like doing more, but alas, for now thats not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hard to believe someone is boating already! We just had a wicked week of blizzards followed by rain & sleet & then winds wicked enough to sound & feel like the house was going to fly off to outer space!
    Seymore sounds like he puts a whole new meaning to having a drink "on the rocks"! Lmao... sorry couldn't help myself.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Climbing the ranks... you guys are awesome for all the volunteering and sharing of knowledge and experience that you do. Hope you get to "retire" soon and enjoy the good life while you're still young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a good thing you didn't have Seymour 'anchor' your "Grog Oh Splice The Main Brace" relay team... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥