Monday, February 4, 2013

Fragments

We stayed home this past weekend and it felt weird not going to the boat. We did manage to get lots of little projects done and that's a good thing.

Hubby and I volunteer for too many things. Hubby is even worse than I am. I've got my commitment to IOBG to finish up, but hubby is secretary to two different organizations. He's the secretary for our yacht club and he's also the secretary for the Oakdale Sportsmen's Club. There are 700 members and it's dues collection time. Need I say more? I didn't think so.

Next weekend is a yacht club function at the Ryde Hotel and we're looking forward to that. Here's the menu and I'm not thinking I'm going to lose any weight eating dinner:

Dining will be The Great Gatsby Buffet:
Spring Mix Salad with Spiced Walnuts,
Roasted Tomatoes and Pear Vinaigrette.
Chef Carved Roast Beef with Mushroom AuJus,
Teriyaki Chicken,
Roasted Red Potatoes,
Bowtie Pasta Salad with Gorgonzola and Romano Cheeses,
Fresh Vegetables in a Light Oil/Vinaigrette,
Chef’s Special Warm Focaccia Bread,
Coffee, Tea and Sodas included.

We've had dinner here before and they do fine job of treating you like royalty. We're also supposed to dress up with a mix of Valentine's day and Mardi Gras for a pink and black look. We don't do the dress up thing but it's fun to see what others come up with.

I'm loving my new Reacher novels by Lee Child. If you like action you'll love these books. I start reading one and I can't put it down until I finish the book. I've ordered all 17 books to make sure there aren't any lapses in this series.

Have a terrific day.
Share This

22 comments :

  1. I may try that series after I finish the Outlander series. I looked on amazon but they don't have it where you can order the entire set. Did you order them all individually?

    Have yourself a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the menu sounds delish.....it's not too bad if you can just take some itty bitty portions! I know I don't have the will power to do that but one can always try!

    How in the world does everyone find time to read? I must be the slower blogger in the history of all blogging.

    I hope you have a great day! Big big hugs as always! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Reacher novels. Good action. Plus, he's an interesting character.

    I'd skip the meats and go straight for the pasta and salad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book me a seat for that menu..Sod the diet :)xx0xx

    Big Hugs :)

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  5. that menu doesn't sound bad at all, eat more of some and less of others and you'll do fine. deliciousness...

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great going with you guys too busy with your yacht club, friends, sumptuous food...!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot of activities at your current age. And it's very good for your health. The more we interact with each other, then it will make us to stay young.

    Have a great day Grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to be busy. I'm glad you accomplished some of the things you needed to do. You always do so many interesting things.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jumping on a plane to sample that menu heheh!

    Enjoy the novels

    Have a lipsmacking day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That menu sounds yummy. Just have yourself a blast. Life is too short to deny yourself too much.
    I like the Reacher books too. I read one or two I wasn't crazy about but usually they are really good.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could join y'all. Sounds delish--I know the company would be fabulous!

    I am not familiar with the author, but will check him out. Thanks for the tip.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's strange, a lot of people go MIA at "due" time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are in for some good times Sandee! Enjoy! By the way, it was interesting seeing the title ' The Great Gatsby Buffet." I had to study the 'The Gatsby' book when I was in high school. Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that dinner sounds so good. I would walk away over stuffed from that one

    ReplyDelete
  15. forget about losing weight for a while and enjoy your buffet dinner..sounds so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That menu sounds so good! I wouldn't even think of a diet at that meal! My hubby and I like the Reacher books by Lee Child too. We saw the Jack Reacher movie and hubby couldn't get over the fact that Tom Cruise is not what Reacher is supposed to look like but it was an entertaining movie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Certainly sounds like a very nice meal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dinner sounds Great!!! One of my favorites on cutting back when out is to cut my meal into two parts. Eat one, then ask for a box. You and Hubby could each have meal later from half of this feed.

    Mrs. Jim volunteers for too much also. She is learning accounting for non-profit corporations though. By the time she leaves she will be the best treasurer her board has ever had, probably already is now.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a yummy menu! Enjoy the upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. since I am a Bonafide CB (Cheap Bastard) I got all my Reacher books at the Library- cleverly listing them all and placing them on the reserve list- it even allowed me to space the reserving so I didn't end up with all 17 at the same time or go without. Then I turned to devouring Joe Pickett novels by CJ Box....once done with those I am now relentlessly reading Robert Parker and Jo Nesbo novels....love a good mystery and scary read!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope it was all great. Sorry so late, you probably already ate that yummy meal. I am like your hubby, overextended.

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥