Thursday, February 28, 2013

How to Avoid the Flu

Eat right!  Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies. Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin C. Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system. Walk for at least one hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around. Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR .... You can take the doctor's office approach. Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol. Why? Because alcohol kills germs.

So... I walk to the liquor store (exercise), I put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest). The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up, flu germs can't get you!

Image Credit: Matanuska-Susitna Borough
Share This

19 comments :

  1. So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years. And here I thought it was the vaccine that kept me safe. Go figure, I think your approach would be MUCH more fun. :)

    I am coming back around to the world of the happy people again. I can't bring MomMom back, and I am blessed to have had her in my life for so long. So I am cherishing and living my life again. It was a few dark days there for awhile. Still lots to deal with regarding the affairs and estate. But it will all work out in the end. It always does.

    Hope you are having great boat weather....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That reminds me of a line from Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood that I just love...

    "The only disease that can survive in our bloodstreams is alcoholism." -Caro

    Which reminds me... I haven't watched that movie in too long. Time to remedy that situation!

    Have yourself a YAYful day honey. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Great advice. I'm a soap and water girl. After six years in healthcare, and formerly certified in blood-borne pathogens, I can attest to the powers of hand-washing.

    But margaritas would be way more fun...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that idea. Am leaving right now to do some chores to avoid the flu. Off to the closest bar. Great idea. Take care and have a terrific Thursday. You too Zane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I know now why I never get the Flu..So funny :) Have a wonderful day, big hugs xxooxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, sounds logical to me! i wonder if cake helps too?

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. so smart ! Good advice- I'll wash my hands before fixing cocktails tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's more like it forget the first part LOL

    Have a fluelesstastic day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure I didn't write this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I don't drink alcohol, but I do wash my hands often - and try not to use handrails in public places ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shall wash my hands...and continue the wine Rx. That works!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't want to get sick so I better start drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad that I'm not able to drink as of yet, but that sounds like a great way to avoid getting sick.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't argue with that logic :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like a good prescription.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds much better than that flu shot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Certainly better than the jab :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got the flu earlier this year! Now I know how to prevent it happening again Sandee!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I believe you're right on, Sandee! LOL
    ..

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥