Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Car Keys...

Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel; I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen.

As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Honey," I stammered; (I always call him "honey" in times like these).

"I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard his voice.

"Are you kidding' me", he barked, "I dropped you off"!

Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop I didn't steal your car."

Yep it's the golden years...

Hat tip: Lucky Lady
Image Credit: Auto Key Squad
Share This

24 comments :

  1. hahahahaha!!! I'm afraid we're near that golden age :)

    Have a nice day Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I've heard this one before and I have had moments like those so I'll just say, "Bless her heart" and keep moving along.

    Happy Toosdee, honey. Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! thanks for my morning giggle :-)

    Have a fantasmagorical day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self TSA Pat Down...I might enjoy that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Step by step, Swowee I turn ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It happens at that age! nothing abnormal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuff happens as we age!

    Greetings from beautiful St. Thomas. Thinking of you and Zane. WYWH!!!

    Big hugs times two, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, that is the golden age. hahaha
    Somehow I also often get the problem on the vehicle key. Though I was young. However, I very rarely forget with my other stuff. Perhaps the car keys does have its own uniqueness.

    Have a great day Grandma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laugh every time I hear this joke. But in our house I'm the one likely to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haaaawaaahh ROFLMAO..I love a good belly laugh..Thanks.. Big hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeppers,getting older has it moments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that sounds so much like something I would do. Too funny. Take care and have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can relate to this one! I just wander the parking lot ( at this stage) looking for my car and when I think I am geting warm I press the remote button that opens my trunk. It's like my car shouts "Here I am!!! and raises it's hand!

    Works for me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, I'm betting that dinner was pretty quiet that night :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh, I started reading this and I thought it was true! I'm kind of gullible like that.
    Sounds like something I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! I can hardly stop laughing Sandee. I hope it wasn't too difficult for your hubby to convince the police that he did not steal your car!:) Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I hope I don't ever do this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess it's better when your husband is the thief.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmm ... I do not know what is up with your Google Reader. Is there something I can do to help?

    ... just askin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great joke, Sandee. Too bad but things like that happened.

    Before I met Mrs. Jim I went to a football game at Rice University with a friend of mine. The only way we could find our car in the lot was to wait until most of the cars had left. And then, there is was,in plain sight.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a funny story! That would be a good clown
    skit. Thanks for sharing a real life experience.
    Fluffy, have you seen my keys????Bwahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am crying from laughing so hard!! Oh my goodness I do know the feeling!! rust me I do!!

    Xoxos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! It happens i guess. I am not in my golden years yet.. but i do sometimes leave my car keys in my car :p

    ReplyDelete
  24. At least you knew where your car was parked.

    That's my biggest fear. I'm so sorry. I hope it didn't have anything to do with my Silly Sunday post.

    Once, I had to elicit the help of a security guard at a parking garage to shuttle me around the lot until I found my car.

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥