Monday, January 21, 2013

Fragments

Last Friday hubby and I had pizza and beer for dinner. I've not had pizza for a very long time and I can't remember the last time I had a beer. About the only time I can tolerate a beer is when I'm eating pizza. Somehow they just go together. Yes, I also logged them in my Fitness Pal. I gained a half pound having three slices of Round Table pizza and one 16 ounce Coors Light. Yummy.

According to Das Skunkmeister Seymour is not a typical pet rock. Here's what he had to say:
Seymour's pretty easy-going, long as you don't leave him in an "ignitable kitchen" environment, like here. And no, to your readers who wonder, Seymour is not one of those 'pet rocks' from the 1970s; Seymour is a one of a kind pet rock who long predates any fad pet rocks. And it took me a tad to get a response on this; been down with the flu all week :-( That will make Seymour happy he's there, and NOT here. He knows how whiny I am when I'm sick ;-)

I shared the above information with Seymour and it made him smile. He's ever so glad he's here where everyone is healthy and not home to catch the flu like you did. And Seymour said whiny isn't even close. Bwahahahahahaha.

Hubby promises to get some shots of Seymour in the very near future. I'm not sure what all of you are expecting though. He's a rock for Gods sake, but he can be mighty snarky at times. I like a little spunk in a pet rock.

We hauled up a ton of supplies and cooking utensils to the boat this past weekend as next weekend is our annual chowder feed. It's the seafood chowder that I posted about several weeks ago. Here's the Seafood Chowder recipe. It will tons of fun as there will be 33 of us in attendance. Come on over if you like Seafood Chowder.

Several of my blogging buddies (Empress Bee and Dick and Sandy) are on a Caribbean cruise right now. It's the Blogger Cruise #6 or BC6. Hubby and I went on the BC4 cruise. It was awesome. I'm hoping they'll all have a fabulous time and no one gets sick. Barb of The Daily Gs and I would love to be on that cruise. Bugger.

Have a terrific day.  
Share This

26 comments :

  1. Yes, I'm still having a bit of a pout that I'm not on the cruise this year. I've already told MotherDear and the SisterDears that I am going on at least one cruise this summer, even if I have to go on it alone! There are several thousand OTHER people on the cruise and I can always find someone to stick up a conversation with. Y'all.

    Have a snarky pet rock kinda day honey. If anyone can get the pet rock to smile for the camera it's Zane. srsly. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm... that was supposed to say, "strike up a conversation". Not stick up. bahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I can got o your chowder feed :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it :D Hoping to meet your one of a kind pet rock soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the chowder..My Hubby loves that :) Yesterday my wordpress went all wrong. You ended up on my award page..DOH I'm sure you found that fun..LOLxx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pizza but do not get to have it often as we do not have pizza outlets nearby. I find your pet rock so interesting! I note that your friends are on a cruise of the Caribbean. I hope they have a great time. Have a wonderful Monday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep a close eye on Seymour. My pet rock Oscar ran away not to be seen again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely it doesn't matter if you once eat pizza for treating your longing, Grandma. hehehe
    Honestly, I still do not have an image about "Seymour". I actually still rarely heard in my country. However, that is why I am pleased to communicate with the great people from different countries. because i can get new knowledge and culture.

    Have a great Monday, Grandma Sandee ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha...so my post on Australia beer got you craving huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want some chowder!!! Seymour sounds like a member of the family already. My question is who owns who?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How old is your pet rock Seymore? I'm sorry you have been sick. I think everyone has been sick with flu or sinus.

    The chowder sounds great. I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sick stuff sucks, but I am so looking forward to meeting Seymore, lol. Hmmmm, a pet I can afford. Does Seymore have a sister?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Pizza too and have not had it in a long time. Glad you had some.
    The Pet Rock sounds like quite a guy. Hope he doesn't cause too much trouble. And I thought I was nuts.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm... Beer & pizza, now you've got me craving Sandee. An ignitable kitchen environment doesn't sound too good.I didn't know rocks could ignite???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would you believe I've never been able to down a can or glass of beer, and boy have I tried. Something about the taste of hops that just doesn't work for me. But I'm glad you enjoyed a glass with your pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pizza is worth a half pound! :) Looking forward to seeing Seymour! The annual chowder feed sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pizza yes beer no, I can't even get past the smell of beer...lol I guess that means I would just have to have extra pizza to make up for the lack of beer

    ReplyDelete
  17. The single thing I miss most after moving to Omaha is the loss of access to Round Table Pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder if pet rocks like beer and pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder if pet rocks like beer and pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Um, Seymour? I am lost.

    Hope you are feeling well. I am still sick, hubby is sicker and Miss Megan we are disenfecting daily. I so don't want her to be under the weather for her birthday party on Saturday! Took her to see Disney on Ice yesterday. She loved it. I cannot believe she will be three next Monday. Where has the time gone? Srsly.

    Have a beautiful week, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Three pieces of pizza???? Legendary self restraint! I would have been reaching for the fourth I think.

    Feel better. Have See-more make you some chicken soup. :) He can draw the recipe from "stone soup". hahahahahaaaaaa Just sayin'!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should have had your chowder supper last week. I was in San Francisco then. We missed our plan as the one from Sydney came in late.

    Maybe next year?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seymour likes Chinese delivery, but has been knowd to partake of pizza and beer. It's easy to trip over Seymour if he's had too much beer.

    According to Seymour, he's 4.5 billion years old, more or less. His mobility didn't begin until the Jurassic Period, when for a time (which Seymour denies), he was a kidney stone to a triciploplotz, or some such. But his mobility truly began with the advent of us humans, thousands of years ago. That's how he went from the walls of Troy to, eventually, the entertainment center of an abode in Green Mountain...that is, when he's not world travelling to meet his new 'fans'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two of my favorite topics, Pizza and beer! What a combo. Any diet goes out the window when it's Pizza and Beer day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A blogger cruise sounds so fun! So does pizza, but not the beer :)
    Sorry so late.

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥