Sunday, December 2, 2012

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, hosted by Rhonda of Kibitz Spot and Laugh QuotesFor more information about Silly Sunday click HERE.

The rules are simple:

  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.
Silly Sunday is your chance to share a favorite joke, silly picture, funny quote, amusing anecdote, creative comic or anything which made you smile today – and get a bit more traffic to your blog.

The Cemetery

On the outskirts of a small town there was a big, old pecan tree just inside the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts.

'One for you, one for me, one for you, one for me,' said one boy. Several dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough, he heard, 'One for you, one for me, one for you, one for me...'

He just knew what it was. He jumped back on his bike and rode off. Just around the bend he met an old man with a cane, hobbling along.

'Come here quick!' said the boy. 'You won't believe what I heard! Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up the souls!'

The man said, 'Beat it kid, can't you see it's hard for me to walk?' When the boy insisted,! though, the man hobbled slowly to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, 'One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me.'

The old man whispered, 'Boy, you've been telling me the truth. Let's see if we can see the Lord!'

Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were still unable to see anything. The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord.

At last they heard, 'One for you, one for me. That's all. Now let's go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done...'

They say the old man had the lead for a good half-mile before the kid on the bike passed him.

Hat Tip: Lucky Lady
Silly Sunday Participants
1. bethere2day
2. Kibitz Spot
3. Laugh Quotes
4. Jim
5. Lauren
6. woodsterman
7. Sugar
8. Jean(ie)
9. LP Angga BP
10. Marg
11. Traveling Bells
12. Jackie
13. Rajagopalan
14. Lucky Lady
15. Mike Golch
16. Ann
17. Stephen Hayes
18. Ron Russell
19. Judy
20. Binky
21. Rocks
22. Comedy Plus
Share This

21 comments :

  1. Woof! Woof! Happy Silly SUNDAY. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Sleepless Sunday... Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm .. I've never participated in Silly Sunday :(

    Anyway, Happy sunday to all, God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL good one Sandee thanks for my morning laugh.

    BTW I have not used a Linky it was a mistake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh too funny. That is a good one. I can just see that old man sprinting off. Take care and have a great day Sandee. Hugs to Little Bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe. Hard for him to walk but running is no problem! Too funny!!

    Happy Sunday, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been running right along side the old man :) happy silly sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get outta my way!!!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one Sandee! We can always count on you to keep us all cheered up!
    Happy Sunday and big hugs!
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahaaa....good one on a Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thought that was a good one, laughed so hard I can just picture it in my mind, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never saw that comming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would be enough to make me run for the hills too....lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good one, although its pointless to try and outrun the Lord. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, maybe they thought they were being chased by the Devil. Nuts by the fence are better than nuts on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So funny Sandee! Love it! I hope your Sunday has been going great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good one, Sandee. LOL, there is still hope for old men.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Silly Sunday! You've got be nuts to hang out at a cemetery. : ) I don't have anything new. I've got older stuff I could link to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nuts on both side of the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahahahaha!!! :) I can imagine their faces :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you kidding? That kid never caught me.

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥