Monday, April 30, 2012

Words of Wisdom

Some of my favorite sayings:

Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. Christopher Columbus

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas A Edison

Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

So many of our dreams at first seems impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. Christopher Reeve

Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things. Peter Drucker

Formal education will make you a living. Self education will make you a fortune. Jim Rohn

You must be the change you want to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without [necessarily] accepting it. Aristotle
Share This

19 comments :

  1. Interesting group of quotes. I first discovered Ralph Waldo Emerson in high school--one of the first writers that I really liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I love quotes, but that Thomas Edison quote just happens to be one of my favorites!

    Hope you're having fun on the boat! Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some really inspirational quotes, great post Sandee!

    Have an awesome day :)

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much wisdom here. If only it was easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to hear one from a wise old bartender, "Dude, get off the floor."

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. 1 reminds me of my dad. He always used to say, when encouraging us, "There's no such thing as can't". I believe that. We don't know our own capabilities until we truly try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good ones, especially #3. Wish our leaders would believe in this one.


    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these quotations Sandee! They are so inspirational. Many times a quotation lifts my spirit. Take care and have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice quotes. I liked the difference between efficiency and effectiveness as defined by Peter Drucker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avoid that beaten path and blaze a trail into the unknown. Just paraphrasing the one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are terrific quotes. I especially like #3. It is so true. Have a great day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do or do not, there is no try

    - Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  13. A selection of inspiring quotes that should help to inspire us all! Real words of wisdom...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great group of wisdoms - and a nice picture of Christopher Reeve, too! I always liked him as an actor and will always remember him best in "Somewhere in Time" with Jane Seymour. Sigh ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting quotes and inspirational

    What an unfortunate name...Drucker

    heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the quotes. I think my favorite is the third one by Thomas Edison

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true! It's so hard to take that first step though :)
    My fave is Ghandi. Soooo wise. Wish I could have met him.
    Have a great week, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some good ones here, very inspirational; I always heard the Drucker quote as; Management is doing things right; Leadership is doing the right things.
    People can be fairly effective doing the wrong things, just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
Show Emoticons

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥